1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack Schaap's view of communion

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Logos1560, Jan 8, 2007.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

so we are both sinning my disagreeing on this?

2. His Blood Spoke My Name

Again, I stand on the Word of God. It does not teach agree to disagree, but rather it teaches unity in the faith.

3. His Blood Spoke My Name

Luke 9:5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

Does that sound like agree to disagree?

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

No, just you:saint: :laugh:

But we ARE privileged to share a thread with one who is never wrong...do you agree?

Aw, here we go again.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

No, it sounds like a verse taken out of context.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Well, I gave Bible evidence of where we are given latitude to disagree and do so in love and agreeably but that was dismissed out of hand.

I am going to choose to agree to disagree and go to bed knowing that we have perfect unity in Christ.

Good night.

7. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

In the many months that I have been a member of the BB, I have yet to see rbell say anything edifying.

rbell, you need to grow in grace and stop acting so bitter toward those who are teaching the truth as it is written in God's Word.

8. bapmom

bapmom New Member

ok now, I swear I wasn't intending to post yet again in this thread, but Ive got to stand up for the illustrious brother Rbell. See now, HBSMN, this is going to be an example of my point - I disagree with Diggin'. I find much of what Rbell posts to be quite edifying as he intentionally brings in laughter, often diffusing some touchy situations. This is edifying, as it gets us to start laughing at ourselves, and when we stop taking our own selves so seriously we can realize what is truly important. Plus he can be pretty profound when he tries.....:saint: :smilewinkgrin:

However, I betcha Diggin won't really agree with me, but Im going to predict that we can still "get along" with one another. That is what is called agreeable disagreement - two people having differing opinions (not essential doctrines) but not letting it get in the way of spiritual unity.

alright - plus, I agree with C4K........

:sleeping_2:

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

Of all of the people on the Baptist Board, Diggin In the Word is one of them.

There. Ya feel edified?

10. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I know Im laughin'!

:laugh:

11. rbell

rbell Active Member

I was in a tense business meeting (observing, not participating) about 17-18 years ago. Tempers were rising, and voices had gone up an octave or so.

Just then, the precocious 3 year-old daughter of the chairman of deacons came in the room (she had "gotten away" from her class). She walked in just as her father and another gentleman were in a heated exchange.

She looked at her daddy and in a direct, clear and (especially) loud voice, she said,

"Be nice, daddy or you'll have to sit in time out."

By the time everyone got through laughing, nobody could get too agitated about the matter.

Every room needs a 3 year-old smart-aleck.

(this is where Bapmom makes some sort of response).

12. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Loved this story! Thanks rbell the edifier. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

13. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

There's no way you've read much of what rbell's posted then. Or else we are going to have to agree to disagree because I find much of what he posts quite edifying.

14. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I can find nothing unbiblical with the term agreeing to disagree. All it means is that we are not going to let this particular difference come between us in our ministry. We are not going to let it consume all of our time. We are not going to berate the other person for the difference - rather, in recognizing it, we can pray over it, study it, look for opportunities to discuss it maturely.

Disagreement can consume our lives - even disagreement with a single person or a over a single issue. Trying to persuade someone to another idea (even if that idea is truth) can push them so far away that they will not hear the Holy Spirit speaking because their stubbornness has so kicked in. It is our job to speak the truth. It is not our job to make the listener hear the truth.

15. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Then you haven't read much of what rbell writes. Or maybe you lack a sense of humor.

Whenever I hear somebody say somebody else needs to grow in grace, I start ducking for fear of being hit by beams.