1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jail Ministry

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by LorrieGrace, Sep 10, 2005.

1. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Tonight was my first time to visit an inmate through our church jail ministry.

IT WAS THE MOST AWEMOSE EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!

Another lady from the church and I went and spent an hour with a lady that is in the county jail. I was nervous until I got there and then it was like the Lord took over.

Near the end, she accepted Jesus as her Saviour. Praise His Holy Name!!!!

I used to think going to bars and getting drunk was a great high. There is NOTHING compaired to this. NOTHING!!!!

I am just so humbled that the Lord could use ME to be of service to HIM!!!!!!!!

I wanted to share this with someone and no one is home, so guess what? I am sharing it with yall. [​IMG]

2. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

Well, I think that is wonderful news. praise God that you followed Gods plan ,theres one more for Gods kingdom!

3. Ditto Praise God ! that is an area I hope to be in someday. It has been on my heart for awhile, I just think God is waiting for a few things to be done first.

Again keep the faith not all days will be as good, you will have your struggles no doubt.
    But boy what a ministry if there ever was one.

4. BM

BM New Member

Thank-you LorrieGrace that you are doing such a needed Ministry. My husband and I use to be chaplains at the Juvenile facility. It was very rewarding but sad that our youth has to be locked up at some very young ages. We visited with some as young as 9 year old. [​IMG] I cried a lot of times with them.

5. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Keep going back and do not become discouraged.God bless you.

6. patrick

patrick New Member

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!