1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured James White

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Sep 8, 2015.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, some of the most profound sermons I've ever heard came from simple men of God with no degree whatsoever.

#41 kyredneck, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2015
  2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gotcha Preacher!... Wasn't there some other fellas waaaaaaaaaaaay back when that didn't have any degrees either?... Now what were their names?... Brother Glen

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup::applause:

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :wavey::applause::applause::thumbsup:

5. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think I know which book you are reading, (TKJOC), and I recommend every believer read it. Love to see him debate.

God bless.

6. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

No not that book. The topic is forbidden to post here so I won't mention it. But it also has the word controversy in its title.

7. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His master's from Fuller sure seems legit though.

8. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really don't have a bone to chew on when it comes to "Dr." White other than JofJ is correct in his assessment of the school that conferred the degree.

It is one thing to have someone who is honored by a credible university who, by peer review, establishes that a certain person has accomplished, in some field, the same level of credibility as one who attend classes and does research earning by university course work and board review the doctorate. That honorarium is well deserved and should carry the full weight of the authority obliged.

However, that is just not the case with the "Dr." that White supposedly earned.

But, honestly, for this thread to have been side tracked so badly by this item is not worthy of the OP.

I encourage the participants to set aside this rabbit trail and return to the matter at hand in the OP.

God is so very unimpressed with degrees.

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't think mentioning a book title would be forbidden, lol. That's not exactly discussing the topic.

God bless.

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An Opportunity Fell Into My Lap

Dr. White came to my assistance tonight. Just minutes ago a young man from Pakistan came over to my apartment. Let's call him Mo. Mo is Muslim. He's rather firm in his beliefs but ackowledged that he is not that familiar with the Bible --he has looked at the KJV, but he conceded that he doesn't know much about Christian beliefs. He is kind and respectful toward me but stuck to his guns that though Jesus is a prophet of the highest order and even sinless --he is not God.

I went through a number of well-known N.T. passages that clearly proclaimed that Jesus is in fact God. Then I asked him if he ever heard of James White. No, he had not. I pulled up sermonaudio.com and a debate White had with Malik. We listened to most of the 30 minute presentation of James White's opening. A number of the Scriptures that I had shared with him earlier were repeated by Dr. White. Mo looked at me with a knowing eye agreeing that apparently, according to the N.T. Jesus is actually God.

Of course he wanted to hear Malik who spoke entirely in Arabic for a few minutes and Mo understood him --he had quoted from Surra 133 --I think it was.

Mo had not yet eaten supper so had to leave. He promised to listen to the rest of the debate and hear more about the Bible from James White on sermonaudio.com in the future.

I had listened to Dr. White on the doctrine of the Trinity early this morning. That came in handy tonight as well.

The Lord brought all of this together tonight. But his servant, James White, was instrumental in conveying many blessed truths in a very clear and convincing manner to Mo.

11. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Divine appointments" do not just happen, and this is a great example of the preappointment events shaping that will prepare for what will occur later, be it in the immediate or years to come.

:thumbs:

12. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, because we seek to win souls to Christ. We multiply!:saint:

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And its been my experience that most of the IFB Pastors I've met with are un-degreed or from some degree mill. :smilewinkgrin:

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You do not win any souls for Christ. God draws his elect to salvation by granting faith and repentance. God is the soul winner! The duty of the evangelist is simply to be obedient and to evangelize and to let God draw souls to salvation.

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And winning souls is wise.

16. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oops.

Your guru:

http://store.livingwaters.com/books/equipping/how-to-win-souls-influence-people.html

17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will let people guess, but I won't let the mods get on me for starting a forbidden topic.

18. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Theologically this is true, but we need to be careful not to inadvertently give the impression that our involvement in evangelism is not important. Even our Lord said to the twelve, "I will make you fishers of men." We know God gets all the glory because He does all the work. What a blessing and privilege to be used by God in the process.

20. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I agree we are only instruments in the hands of the savior, we should not forget that the Gospel of Christ is only revealed to men through the Ministry of the Comforter, and that this does not imply regeneration.

In other words, the Comforter enlightens the natural man to divine truth, and at that point the natural man responds.

And we should not downplay the importance of Evangelists and Preachers, they are instrumental to the presentation of the Gospel to the world. While we know the Spirit of God can save apart from them, usually there is one in the mix somewhere, lol.

God bless.