1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Jane Roe" endorses Paul.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ivon Denosovich, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

The woman who gave us abortion has become pro-life (and a Christian) and is now a member of the rEVOLution.

2. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I just read this on MSNBC!

Pro-Life Bump!!

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

She obviously hasn't seen his abortion voting record :tear:

4. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

And I suppose the National Right to Life Association hadn't seen Thompsons. Give it a rest my friend.

#4 Ivon Denosovich, Jan 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  5. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Ron Paul has a 100% Pro-Life voting record!!

He authored legislation that seeks to define life as beginning at conception, HR 1094. He is the prime sponsor of HR 300, which would negate the effect of Roe v Wade by removing the ability of federal courts to interfere with state legislation to protect life. He authored HR 1095, which prevents federal funds to be used for so-called “population control.” He is quoted as saying, "As an obstetrician, I know that partial birth abortion is never a necessary medical procedure. It is a gruesome, uncivilized solution to a social problem."

Listen what he has to say about the abortion issue here. (about 1:36 into the video)

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But does Paul support a Constitutional Amendment?
    I understand he doesn't.

States rights is a nice cop-out. But I know that Liberal States like New York City would totally allow abortion

7. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Pro-Life Amendment vs. Sanctity of Life Bill

Is Ron Paul the only candidate who is serious about preventing abortion?
    Consider which option is more likely to pass as law?​

Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment
    or
    The Sanctity of Life Bill
    • Constitutional Amendment: Requires 2/3 majority vote in both the House and Senate.
    • Sanctity of Life Bill: Requires a 1/2 majority vote in both the House and Senate.
    • Constitutional Amendment: Requires the ratification of 3/4 majority of the States.
    • Sanctity of Life Bill: Requires no ratification of the States.
    • Constitutional Amendment: Expands the power of the Federal Government.
    • Sanctity of Life Bill: Restricts the power of the Federal Government.
    • Constitutional Amendment: Overturns Roe vs. Wade
    • Sanctity of Life Bill: Overturns Roe vs. Wade
    • Constitutional Amendment: Outlaws Abortion​
    • Sanctity of Life Bill: Outlaws Abortion
    Ron Paul on Abortion

Life of the Party Endorses Ron Paul: A Man For All Seasons

Dr. Paul Issues Statement in Support of State ‘Right to Life’ Amendments

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA - Republican presidential candidate Dr. Ron Paul, an OB/GYN who has delivered over 4,000 babies, issued the following statement in support of state efforts to pass "Right to Life" amendments:

"The right of an innocent, unborn child to life is at the heart of the American ideals of liberty. My professional and legislative record demonstrates my strong commitment to this pro-life principle.

"Under our Constitution, the states have the duty to protect citizens against murder, and protecting the unborn from having their right to life violated is no exception.

"I find it unconscionable that the Supreme Court overrules states when they pass pro-life legislation. As president, I will fight to end this judicial tyranny.

"Many talk about being pro-life. In Congress, I am the lead sponsor of HR 2597 the ‘Sanctity of Life Act’ and a similar bill, HR 300 the ‘We the People Act.’ Both bills would negate the effect of Roe v Wade by removing the ability of federal courts to interfere with state legislation that protects life. My bills could pass by a simple majority vote and allow states such as Michigan and South Carolina to end abortion immediately.

"I challenge every candidate who claims to be pro life to support these bills to get the Supreme Court out of the life issue so states can quickly and constitutionally protect the unborn."

###

#7 JGrubbs, Jan 22, 2008
  8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My position is to stop all all abortions, and if necessary stop as many abortions as possible.

I would fully support a law to stop abortions. But the next step would be a constitutional admendmetn.

But I do have a question for you.

Suppose a bill was passed by Congress to stop all abortions but with the exception of Rape, incest, or life of the mother. If you were the President, would you sign that bill?

Salty

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does the sanctity of life bill make it illegal for states to decide to allow abortion?

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it is the federalist system set up by the U.S. constitution.

11. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

If I were POTUS, I definitely would not. I would sign it if it were regarding late term abortions with those exceptions. I do not believe a zygote is a human being with rights. It is a mass of cellular tissue without the ability to think, feel, or anything else we attribute to the state of being a person. As I have said before, there is no scientific OR scriptural basis for banning early term abortion. There are interpretations of scripture that are used as arguments, but they do not hold up under examination.

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a very strong States rights man. The Federal Govt is involved way too much in areas that belong to the State. But dealing with abortion, we need a CA - period That will be the only way the pre-born will be insured thier rights.

Quoted from MP:
    If I were POTUS, I definitely would not. I would sign it if it were regarding late term abortions with those exceptions. I do not believe a zygote is a human being with rights. It is a mass of cellular tissue without the ability to think, feel, or anything else we attribute to the state of being a person.
    Okay, so at what point do we have a human being 8 days, 8 weeks, 8 months or what

#12 Salty, Jan 22, 2008
  13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That has as much chance of being added to the U.S. constitution as Ron Paul does of being elected president of these United States.

14. Magnetic Poles

To the OP, I don't care who endorses a candidate, it means nothing to me. I can evaluate them for myself.

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For those of you who believe that life begins at conception:
    Do you count the Pre-born in your Sunday School and Church attendance?

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=3606

At the moment, Faith Baptist has no PG moms, but when we do, their babies will be counted!!!:thumbs: :saint:

Salty
    PS and we will recognize PG moms on Mothers day:godisgood:

16. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I think the way the bill is worded that it would make it very easy for states to punish abortionist as murders without the federal government being able to step in and stop them. During the YouTube debates this past November, Ron Paul said, "There has to be a criminal penalty for the person that's committing that crime. And I think that is the abortionist."

Ron Paul was the first to introduce a Human Life Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, in his very first term in Congress, just a couple of years after Roe vs. Wade was handed down. But, I think he has come to understand over the years, that the chances of a Pro-Life Constitutional Amendment passing is almost impossible. I think the politicians know that as well, but they continue to use it as the "smoke screen" to get the conservative pro-life votes. Ron Paul knows it, but he is a statesman, not a politician so he has introduced this bill, and many others, as a way to actually DO something about the abortion issue. He authored this bill because he really does believe what he said, when he said, "As an O.B. doctor of thirty years, and having delivered 4,000 babies, I can assure you life begins at conception."

Here is what he said about the bill, that currenly only has four cosponsors, "I'm surprised that I don't have more co-sponsors for my Sanctity of Life Act. It removes the jurisdiction from the federal courts & allows the states to pass protection to the unborn. Instead of waiting years for a Constitutional Amendment, this would happen immediately, by majority vote in the Congress and a president's signature. It's a much easier way to accomplish this, by following what our Constitution directs us. Instead of new laws, let's just use what we have & pass this type of legislation."

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It may be a step in the right direction but there is no legitimate reason to oppose a CA. A CA is not unconstitutional. And rather than leave open the possibility of states to abort unborn children it would put an end to all of it.

I am not convinced that a CA will be as dificult to get ratified. Roe V. Wade is bad law and needs to be overturned for a number of reasons. and this bill may be helpful. But it should not stop there.

18. Magnetic Poles

There lies the rub.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It hasn't happened in 35 years now. That proves it is already very difficult to accomplish.

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

And yet worth every ounce of energy. But really just how many attempts have been made and how much effort has been put behind them?