1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Cutler to start!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Nov 27, 2006.

1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being a huge Broncos fan I am somewhat very excited to see them make a change. But I also realize that Jake was not the only one to blame in the way the Broncos have played this year.

I do think Jake will move on maybe to the Raiders next year? Cutler has looked great in practice and he looked great in the preseason, but these games now count.

I hope Cutler will be the best thing since Elway, but I am not sure how and if he saves our season this year and turns us back into a SB contender. Any other thoughts?

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I will preface this with the fact that I am not a Donkey fan.

I am not a big fan of Plummer either. He has seemed like one big interception machine to me. However, I am not sure replacing him with a rookie is the right call. I, personally, think they would be wiser to go the route the Bengals went with Carson Palmer. Give Cutler a year to just be there, learn the system and prepare for the future.

Either way, it should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

3. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

I like Plummer; but he has not played well this season. In saying that; the broncos are making a huge gamble by putting the rookie from Vanderbilt in.

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I agree all the way around, starting Cutler is a huge risk because he is an untested rookie for the most part.
    Plummer also wasn't really doing the job, but some how was still managing to get the W along the way...weird, huh?
    Plummer will probably end up in Oakland...isn't that where most washed up QB's end up?

Should be interesting to watch the Broncs the rest of the season, but i wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for next year.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

It's a gamble to be sure, but the Donkeys weren't going anywhere with Plummer at QB.

6. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

The AFC West looks like a killer for everyone the final five weeks. It looks like Denver has the easiest schedule with playing Sea, Cinn, and SF at home and SD and Ariz on the road.

KC definately has the worst of the last five having to play Balt and SD away as well as Clev and Oak (rivalry) their only home game is with Jack.

San Diego has no cake walk with Buff and Sea away and Kc, Den, Ariz at home.

With Alexander back Denver will struggle with Sea and is probably going to finish 2-3 while KC will probably 3-2 but who knows with Oak.

San Diego 4-1 I don't see how they can get past KC, Den and Sea with out a loss and maybe two.

San Diego should win the division so Denver might as well start Cutler and get his snaps now while they can and if they make the playoffs he will come in as a tried Q.B. also don't forget San Diego gets Shawne Merriman back this week and that should be a big help.

Thjplgvp

7. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cutler will be a better QB than Romo in the end and I think Denver recovers nicely and makes a good run in the playoffs this year...

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Well, let's wait and see what he does on the field...

9. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Thats some potentially big shoes to fill. Romo is playing exceptionally well at the moment and with out an outstanding RB and TO to add to the mix.

I side with SBC on this one "lets wait and see".

thjplgvp

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You mean the rookie from Vanderbilt that I watched dance on the Shields-Watkins field after decimating a pathetic defense last year? The kid's got some game. Enough for the Broncos? Who knows.

11. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Making a QB change during the season does work sometimes, but hardly ever with a rookie. And it's hard to remember a team making a playoff charge with a few games left being successful at this, either.