1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jeff Foxworthy recounts a story of God's amazing grace

Discussion in 'TV Shows and Movies' started by Humble Disciple, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Humble Disciple

Humble Disciple Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Comedian Jeff Foxworthy heard this story while leading a Bible study for homeless people:

This story beautifully illustrates the doctrine of irresistible grace. Irresistible grace doesn’t mean that God’s elect will never rebel, but that God’s grace is powerful enough to overcome the elect’s rebellion, transform their wills and desires, and lead them to ultimate salvation.

https://www.gotquestions.org/irresistible-grace.html

Without God’s enabling grace active in the world, how can you explain the homeless man, out of the blue, finding his mother’s Bible a hundred miles away from where he lost it? God chased him, not the other way around. (John 15:16)

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some have been telling me for years, since I first joined that a man has to jump over hurdles, go thru hoops and perform all sort of verbal rituals to be saved?... Question did you help God create the universe?... Did he ask your assistance to help with the task?... Did you help with your natural birth?... Then brother you didn't help with your spiritual one either?... God SAVES according to his mandate and not ours... And he can save any man at any time according to his will and mercy... He sets the time for Salvation, we don't... When he saves a man its for a purpose... HIS!... God makes up his own family... ALONE!... Do I believe in Irresistible Grace?... Is there any other?... Brother Glen:)

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
    6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.