1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jehovah and allah Discussion

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Not_hard_to_find, Sep 18, 2006.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wasn't expecting that, but he wouldn't even give a little ground on anything. Even when I showed him why a Bible verse could not support his position, he'd stick to his guns. I asked why he stuck so hard to his position when he believed the Bible was corrupt, anyway. He never really gave an answer. This happened several times.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-moon-god.htm

That is similar to what I learned in Hebrew class . . . What you are saying is not similar to what I learned in class . . .

Sounds like some here on the Baptist Board . . .

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Cognitive dissonance. I heard that an amazingly high percentage of Arabs believed that Saudis had nothing to do with 9-11 and an amazingly high percentage of Americans still believe that we had a legitimate reason, related to 9-11, to attack Iraq - same thing, too few people will accept information that conflicts with their self-perception.

4. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

"al" is the definite article, and is not what comes from "el". The "il" of "ilah" comes from the Aramaic Elah (used in the Aramaic sections of the Bible), which of course comes from "el/eloah".

5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I realize this. I know "al" is the definite article. El is "God."

My point was simply that you can't expect the arabic definite article (al) to pop up in Hebrew words.

6. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

Christianity Today Magazine has a good article about the differences between Muhammad's view of God and the Christian view of God. Here is a small sample:

Let's go back to our question: Is the Father of Jesus the God of Muhammad? The answer is surely Yes and No. Yes, in the sense that the Father of Jesus is the only God there is. He is the Creator and Sovereign Lord of Muhammad, Buddha, Confucius, of every person who has ever lived. He is the one before whom all shall one day bow (). Christians and Muslims can together affirm many important truths about this great God—his oneness, eternity, power, majesty. As the Qur'an puts it, he is "the Living, the Everlasting, the All-High, the All-Glorious" (2:256).
    But the answer is also No, for Muslim theology rejects the divinity of Christ and the personhood of the Holy Spirit—both essential components of the Christian understanding of God. No devout Muslim can call the God of Muhammad "Father," for this, to their mind, would compromise divine transcendence. But no faithful Christian can refuse to confess, with joy and confidence, "I believe in God the Father. … Almighty!" Apart from the Incarnation and the Trinity, it is possible to know that God is, but not who God is.

http://ctlibrary.com/8409 :godisgood: :jesus:

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

No . . . muhammad did not worship the Great God of Creation and the Bible - the Father of Jesus Christ.

Unless he wrote something his followers did not preserve . . .