1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jehovah Witness Team or, 2 Mormon Boys at Your Door ???

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by righteousdude2, May 22, 2010.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Oddly enough, my oldest has asked for prayer for 2 Mormon young men who have approached him and who he in turn is ready and willing to talk. Son is Brandon. Young men are Jeremy and Grant.

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I know a lady who I asked how she became Mormon

She said she and hubby grew up Baptist but had become inactive in church-----then one day the door bell rang and she answered it . . .

They ring countless millions of doorbells and unfortunately SOME fall victim!!

3. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I was on my way out one day last year and saw the JWs making their way down the street. My teenage son was the only one left at home, so I went back in to let him know, and told him not to the answer the door. After taking a world religions class, he SO wanted to have them come to the door so he could ask them if they really believe that stuff.

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Some thoughts:

If you don't feel confident enough to deal with Mormon's and JWs, why not? Why not study their doctrines and prepare yourself? The Holy Spirit can work on them through your witness.

If you can, invite them in. The longer they're at your home, the less time they'll have for other people.

One thing which messed up two sweet JW ladies was my request for them to give their salvation testimony, and give them yours. They don't have assurance of salvation, but your testimony can be the gospel in a nutshell.

The JWs don't give an exact number of books you have to sell in order to get into heaven. But their visits are part of the process of earning enough brownie points for heaven. That's why they can't they are saved. They don't know how many points are required.

5. Mississippi John

Great post Tom ! I've always wondered why folk's that believe only 144,000 make it to heaven, are out reqruiting more souls......couldn't one of their converts knock them out of the line ?

6. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

"If you can, invite them in. The longer they're at your home, the less time they'll have for other people."

I agree. I usually use the following doctrinal changes in Watchtower Society to 'stump' JW's. There are many more:

"To worship Christ in any form cannot be wrong ... " (WT, 3-1880, 83). "It is unscriptural for worshippers of the living and true God to render worship to the Son of God, Jesus Christ" (WT, 11-1-1964, 671).

The men of Sodom will be resurrected (WT, 7-1879, 7-8). The men of Sodom will not be resurrected (WT, 6-1-1952, 338). The men of Sodom will be resurrected (WT 8-1-1965, 479). The men of Sodom will not be resurrected (WT 6-1-1988, 31). The men of Sodom will be resurrected (Live Forever, early ed., 179). The men of Sodom will not be resurrected (Live Forever, later ed., 179). The men of Sodom will be resurrected (Insight on the Scriptures, Vol. 2, 985). The men of Sodom will not be resurrected (Revelation: Its Grand Climax at Hand! 273).

"There could be nothing against our consciences in going into the army" (WT, 4-15-1903, 120). Due to conscience, Jehovah’s Witnesses must refuse military service (WT, 2-1-1951, 73).

"We may as well join in with the civilized world in celebrating the grand event Christmas . . . " (WT Reprints, 12-1-1904, 3468). "Christmas and its music are not from Jehovah . . . What is their source? . . . Satan the devil" (WT, 12-15-1983, 7).

"Everyone in America should take pleasure in displaying the American flag" (WT Reprints, 5-15-1917, 6068). The flag is "an idolatrous symbol" (Awake!, 9-8-71, 14).

7. Mississippi John

Great post Lori !!!! I .once again, have been taught by my Catholic Sister !!!

8. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When JW's come by my house, my wife insists on answering the door. She knows that if I answer the door, I will tell them that if they will pledge allegiance to the US flag with me, i'll listen to them. They never seem to want to take me up on it.:wavey:

9. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Thank you for your kind remarks. I, too, learn so much from my brothers and sisters on this board. :jesus: