1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jehovahs witness question

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by GODzThunder, Jun 6, 2004.

1. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

They will use the KJV if you insist, and they always have a copy with them.

It is the only other version they recognize besides their New World Translation.

There is also a way to pray with them. Tell them you are going to pray and ask them to join you. They will refuse, since they think you don't pray like they do. Then you say, I pray to Jehovah, who do you pray to?

Imediately bow your head and say, "our Father, Jehovah God". Since you have addressed Jehovah in prayer, they will bow their heads and will not lift them until you say Amen.

Now you are free to thank God for salvation full and free, given by grace and not acheived by works, lest any man should boast. (You get the idea). When you have given them some things to think about, then say amen.

Working for Jesus,

Tam

2. D28guy

D28guy New Member

I really dont think it has anything to do with whats going on. Not wanting people to see what they do, etc. I've never been in one, but I've never read anything about secret rituals, or secret aprons or anything like the Freemasons are so secretive of.

I think they just gather, sing a bit, hear what they *think* is the truth of God being taught, then go home.

Its interesting, I read a book 15 or so years ago by an ex-JW. He was a "presiding overseer" I think, and he said that he was beginning to have doubts about some of the JW doctrine. Particularly the dates of the end that came and went, and some of the explanations that he was given didnt seem convincing to him.

Well, what pushed him over the edge was when his young daughter had a severe medical problem and without recieving blood she would die. The JW's were sticking with him through all this of course, and kept saying "its better to obey Jehovah, even if it means your daughter dying."

Some actual christians, evangelicals I believe, were also trying to minister to him, but with little success. They would come around..."Can we get you some coffee", "can we pray with you", "do you need anything", etc...and they were told by the JW's "Oh, those are the devils people. The false group who believes Jesus is God."

Well, push came to shove and they finally couldnt bear the thought of letting the little one die, so they...through great trial and trepidation...accepted a blood transfusion.

He said that instantly the JW's dropped out of site like they had caught the plaque. They just disappeared. They were heartbroken over that. How could these "brothers and sisters" who are supposed to have Gods love just drop us...because we wanted to save our little girls life?

At the same time...the christians were still there with them, ministering to them, crying with them, praying with them, rejoicing with them. He said that the ones whom he was told were actually the devils people, the ones who he was told did not have the love of God...actually did, and proved it at a time when they needed it.

He said that that was the great turning point, and a couple of years later he prayed and embraced the real Jesus, and sent his letter of disassociation to the JW's main headquarters.

God bless,

Mike

3. kcd

kcd New Member

Ben, don't know about that bible, just know that when they read the verses from their bible it has a visable impact. At that point it is up to the Spirit to convict them. [​IMG]

T. Lady, have yet to have one show up with a KJV.
    As I stated earlier they're taught such are not Jehovah approved @ here, 1 Jn 5:7 etc. Seems its different elsewhere.

Anyway, its a "bullet proof" procedure & since you do take the time, & don't act like they're the following, it ought to make the Spirit's work easier. [​IMG]

http://www.bearforum.com/cgi-bin/bbs.pl?read=330289

4. frewtloop

frewtloop Guest

Have you seen either of the two main JW publications lately (Awake and Watchtower)? I was visited and brought some Awake issues, and to be honest, it is (at least in print) not questionable for the most part. The main thing that stands out is, they still express beliefs in atonement in clear "ransom theory" terms. The ladies who came by did not spend much time with me at all, nor indicate that they wanted to, just told me to read the publication, read the Word and check their book against the truth, and let God guide me. That's very different than I've seen in the past, I don't know if it means they're changing or not.

The Worm

5. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Worm,

The issues of "Awake" that I have seen are much more "lightweight" than the Watchtower. In Awake they dont usually get into deep theological discussion or really sharing the fullness of what they believe. Lots of current events stuff. I think its used basically to soften people to the organisation. So that people who have been told its a dangerous cult will think "Hmmm. They dont seem so bad to me. Why am I warned against this?"

The real poison of their doctrines are given through the Watchtower.

God bless,

Mike

6. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Kcd said:T. Lady, have yet to have one show up with a KJV.
    As I stated earlier they're taught such are not Jehovah approved @ here, 1 Jn 5:7 etc. Seems its different elsewhere.

They have it in their breifcase, and will NOT bring it out unless you ask.

Working for Jesus,

Tam

7. kcd

kcd New Member

Worm, I've read them & talked with some JW's who didn't know me. It seems to me they use those to find common interest with the prospective proselyte in order to present their dogma.

I dealt with a JW pastor, preacher, elder, whatever for @ a year. At the end all he wanted to know was: “How did I learn their faults?”

(A real zealot for the truth.)

So job # one is to present their JW dogma. If you give them a tract, book, etc, anything contrary to their dogma is trashed or given to their potentates.

Consequently the only way to reach them is to use the verses previously cited from their bible (NWT), which destroys their dogma regarding Christ. After such presentation it is up to God to convict them (Jn 16:8). Amen?

T. Lady, most of the ones we get apparently can’t afford briefcases. [​IMG] The only briefcases I ever saw were with the five preachers who paid me a visit on a hot day in August. They let one guy out, along with the body guard, & the rest sat in the air-conditioned car with their hands on theirs, while he took the heat physically, & spiritually. [​IMG]

Did you click on that link I left in my last post? The reaction of that homeowner to that door bell was probably similar to most folks reaction to JW’s when they show up. [​IMG]

Please follow the previous instructions with a smile & perhaps one or more will thank you for your help one day. [​IMG]

8. music4Him

music4Him New Member

kcd I printed out your tip on how to witness to JW's. LOL @ the pic on the link you posted....wonder what denomination it is? [​IMG]

9. kcd

kcd New Member

music4Him, Thanks! Please pass it around, maybe this will become a blessing for them.

I don’t think the home owner ever thought to ask, ... or for that matter even cared. [​IMG]

But since he’s green, & the NWT is green, could it be he was a .... nah, ... they haven’t gone that far, ... yet. [​IMG]

My opinion is that he been lurking on the canal & overheard those radio community spot ads (from the boom boxes on the boats) by the crime fighting dog McGruff to; “Help take a bite out
    of crime.”

Sounded good enough to him, & having been raised by a diligent mother that taught him to take the initiative, he became a bell ringer. [​IMG]

Reason I say that is one passerby supposedly heard him say:

" Err, madam, will that be one bite or two ? Keep in mind that times are hard down in the canals with all those frat (brat?) kids scaring off my din-din " [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

I tried this with a jw online but I didn't get very far because she claims she uses several different Bibles. She still insists that Jesus was created by God and then worked in partnership with Him but that God is superior. Well, I tried.

Sheila

11. kcd

kcd New Member

Shelia, they're indoctrinated. Un-indoctrination usually takes time & is the Spirit’s job.

Obviously you didn’t emphasize, & keep the issue focused, on Webster’s definition of the words myself, alone.

Because their dogma purposely misinterprets the scriptures, they reject webster’s definition of those words.

By accentuating his definition they are forced to focus on the fact that Christ & Jehovah are one, whether they admit that or not, for that is the obvious scriptural truth.

Because the Spirit of truth doesn’t reside in them (Jn 14:16-18; 16:7-15), & since JW’s,
    like the Pharisees, refuse to honor the Son as they, supposedly, do the Father [Ex 34:14;
    Mt 4:10 Jn 9:38; Phil 2:6-11; Heb 1:6], the Trinity cannot be explained to them.

But the issue is not the Trinity, its the meaning of those highlighted words, & the scriptures that
    prove Christ & Jehovah are one.

I had one try to explain away the definition of those words with this explanation;

“My contractor was listed in the newspaper as the builder of my house, & I know for a fact that he never drove a nail!”

So I asked; Did your builder claim in the paper that he alone built your house, that nobody was him??

Realizing their error, or being convicted, they were then eager to leave. [​IMG]

Please note the following highlighted words, read Webster’s definition & the related verses.
    Quotations are from the NWT (1970 revision)

Isa 44:24; “This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser and the Former of you from
    the belly: I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens by myself, laying out the earth, Who was with me?”

Neh 9:6; “You are Jehovah alone; you yourself have made the heavens, [even] the
    heaven of the heavens, and all their army, the earth and all that is upon it, the seas and
    all that is in them,; and you are preserving all of them alive; and the army of the heavens are bowing down to you.”

(Additional verses pertinent to this discussion)

Isa 43:11; “I-I am Jehovah, and beside me there is no savior.”

Heb 1:3; “He is the reflection of [his] glory and the exact representation of his very being,
    and he sustains all things by the word of his power; and after he had made a purification
    for our sins he sat down on the right hand of the Majesty in lofty places.”

Since Jehovah did everything alone, claims that beside Him there is no savior, sustains & is preserving all things, does that eliminate Christ?

Not if the instructions for correctly handling God’s word are obeyed (Isa 28:10 & 2 Tim 2:15).

In the NWT Jn 1:1-3; Col 1:16-17; Heb 1:3 state Christ was there, made all things. And since Acts 4:10-12; Rom must 10:13; Heb 7:25 declare Christ is able to save, obviously Jn 10:30-33 must be the answer.

While the JW’s won’t admit that, point out that those Jews knew exactly what Christ meant in v 30, for that is the reason they accused Him of blasphemy & took up stones to kill Him.

Repurchaser , Strong’s Concordance does not recognize that word. The JW translators
    unwittingly admit that it is the wrong word by correctly interpreting the Hebrew word as
    reedemer” in Job 19:25; Ps 19:14; Pro 23:11. Isn’t it clear who the redeemer / savior is?

So keep them focused & let the Spirit do the work (Ps 119:130; Isa 55:11). Remember, planting is the hardest part 1 Cor 3:6; Gal 6:9 ;) [​IMG]

12. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

KCD,

It was difficult because she didn't want to tell me what her Bible said. She claims she uses different Bibles. Everytime I asked her what her Bible said, she had to go and look it up, or so she claimed. However, I will persist.

God Bless

Sheila