1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jeopardy

Discussion in 'TV Shows and Movies' started by Salty, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The current chapion on Jeepardy is going on some 40 wins (with over 1 million dollars)

Actually, I'm loosing interest in the show.

How about you?

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's just not the same without Alex Trebek, but that's just my opinion.

Also, it's the closeness and tightness of a game that keeps people interested. When someone is winning by such a WIDE lead that you can tell it's impossible to win against that person, it's very boring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I think that is part of it.
    Ken Jennings won way more games, but the games he won was by a much smaller amount.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife and I called it not Jeopardy... But the Matt Amodio show?... I love our remote... We just fast forward it to see if he won... And for some reason, we decided to watch and he missed a lot and gave many wrong answers and lost... Now we can watch Jeopardy, with no Amodio... No doubt about it after awhile he did get boring... As far as I can remember Ken never did!... There is no doubt he will be in the tournament of champions but winning it is another thing, he will have some real challengers then... Brother Glen:)

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think he might have lost on purpose for whatever reason?

6. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wondered the same. Maybe he was boring himself? But I'd prefer to imagine they paid him off. It's more intriguing. :Wink

7. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Either way, if he wouldn't have lost, how would you have a tournament of champions?... Brother Glen:Unsure

8. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMO, Matt Amodio was an interesting champ. I've been catching up on Jeopardy via YouTube, as I've recently cut the cable and I don't receive local stations in my remote corner of Texas. I was surprised to learn from the news this morning that Matt finally lost, but I'll still watch the shows leading up to his "dethroning". While Mayim Bialik is not nearly as good as the late, great Alex Trebek, she is getting better at the hosting gig. I was hoping that former champ Buzzy Cohen would have become the host, as he has the right personality for the game. Still, nobody asked my opinion (darn it).

9. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He acted a bit disinterested in that game, though he was never the vivacious type. But when he missed the softball clue on Final Jeopardy, we thought he maybe had gotten tired of playing, or to put a nicer spin, felt it was time to walk away and let others play.
    I expect he'll be fully on his game for the T of C.