1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jeremiah 7:31

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Winman, Jul 21, 2011.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Man, where were you recently when creeds were referred to as having divine authority :D

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I hear you, man. Yeah, I know that kind of thinking.

3. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

you mean they are not inspired....stink! you tell me now after I have spent hours memorizing them......:laugh:

just kidding btw.:)

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

Of course this thread is about the decrees of God, go back and read the OP, I asked how those who believe God decrees all events that come to pass deal with Gill's interpretation.

So, did God decree this sin in Jer 7:31 or not?

And to TCGreek, I don't consider Gill the end all of Bible interpretation. Quoting Gill was an answer to Havensdad in a closed thread.

But the fact is, Gill interpreted this to say this sin never came into God's mind, he never thought of it. And that is the natural interpretation of this verse.

I'm actually amazed Gill admitted it, I looked up many Reformed commentaries and Gill was the only one that even addressed God's statements in this verse, the others simply ignored them. Look and see for yourself, very revealing if you ask me.

5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I wasn't a part of that discussion.