1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jerry Falwell on the Crucifixion

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by wopik, Jan 15, 2005.

1. wopik

wopik New Member

Jim 1999

Except you can't get 3 days and 3 nights between friday sunset and sunday morning.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Except you can't get 3 days and 3 nights between friday sunset and sunday morning. </font>[/QUOTE]100% arithmetic, and 100% observance; also 100% observation in the end. Yet your picture is incomplete! Much is missing and not only some time-aspects. Most important of which is the day of crucifixion - 14 Nisan. You above account for day of burial - Friday, Nisan 15, day 1 "since these things" the "things" of Jesus' crucifixion; Saturday, Nisan 16, day 2 "since these things" the "things" of Jesus' crucifixion; and Sunday morning, Nisan 17, day 3 "since these things" the "things" of Jesus' crucifixion.
    What have you proven? Or what did Luke prove? He proved the crucifixion was on Thursday!
    Thursday, Friday and Saturday - "THREE DAYS" of Prophetic Truth; "Crucified ... buried ... rose again the third day ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES" - Paul's 'proof' of exactly Luke's conclusion! And both exactly what Jesus had foretold Himself. (Mt.12:40)
    So what ideas you seem to have had besides, would be interesting to know.
    Nevertheless, that was not what I had in mind when I reminded Jim 1999 about his chalenge to me of some days back.
    In any case thanks for your response.

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Except you can't get 3 days and 3 nights between friday sunset and sunday morning. </font>[/QUOTE]Something I missed out on just now - your first sentence: "Luke ... mentioning all the time between the crucifixion and the resurrection (Luke 23: 50-24:3)" ... thought you referred to "the women went to the sepulchre early Sunday morning". Two things, Jesus' resurrection and the women's going to the tomb!

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Return this topic, please?

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm still waiting for Jim 1999 to respond?

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Sabbath is sanctified AS God said it was "THEREFOR the Lord BLESSED the Sabbath day and Sanctified it" Exodus 20:8-11.

Christ the Creator EVEN starts off the entire Word of God by saying "Therefor the Lord BLESSED the seventh day and made it holy" Gen 2:3.

Here is the act of Christ the Creator from the VERY start - giving to sinless Adam and Eve - His OWN Day - thus creating a SEVEN day week not a SIX day week.

The idea that this is "lost" or "gone" or "failed" or "invalid" or ... can not be supported in all of scripture.

In Isaiah 66 we find that this SAME Sabbath CONTINUES EVEN to the New Heavens and NEW earth for ALL MANKIND.

Obvious.

Clear.

Impossible to obfuscate.

In Christ,

Bob

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Having said that - it is clear on this thread - that Christ died on Friday afternoon - the same day and time the Passover lamb was being sacrificed - and at the time of the Passover meal (Friday night) was laid in the tomb.

He was resurrected from the tomb very early Sunday morning. As his own disciples admit on Sunday afternoon "This IS the 3rd day since all these things happened".

Easy -

Obvious.

Clear.

In Christ,

Bob

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Bob,
    You made NO attempt to reply to any of my reasons against this traditional view you adopted.
    As to your post before this one, You seem to be deaf. I accept the Sabbath Day for reason of the creation; as for reason of the exodus. But that fades into insignificance for the reason of Jesus christ in His finishing of all the works of God through resurrection from the dead.
    You monotonously echo the traditionalists, paying no attention to their own witness against the Friday crucifixion Sunday resurrection tradition.
    You deliberately close your eyes for the escahtological meaning of the Sabbath.
    Only to your own detriment. You loose out on enjoying a truly Christian Sabbath Day. You keep on kicking against the pricks of the fact Paul - representing the Word of God - on several occasions state the Law is kaput, and that the Christian do the things of the Law because he is under grace - Christ is become the Law for him.
    In Mrs. White's terminology: You refuse the bread of life and still prefer to eat gravel as dry as the hills of Gilboa.
    You have done NOTHING but to REPEAT. You haven't investigated, or put some effort into understanding one Scripture relevant in this whole discussion.
    I think you are lazy; or perhaps afraid; or actually too much attached to your mother-church's skirt strings.