1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jerusalem... In The Time Of Jesus

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by tyndale1946, Mar 17, 2003.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jerusalem In The Time Of Jesus... An Investigation into Economic and Social Conditions during the New Testament Period by Joachim Jeremias.

This book is about the size of the average paper back with good clear quality paper and I feel for the money it was well worth it... It cost around $14.00 and would be a great added addition to any library and good reference book for Christians everywhere. If any have read this please give us your thoughts... And can be found at this website for a full description... Brother Glen [​IMG]

http://www.centuryone.com/1136-5.html#description

2. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Would you recommend this for students? i am studying a module on Pauline Theology at the moment and there will be other modules from September on John's Gospel and Luke's Gospel and I wonder if this could be of use as funds are limited.

Blessings

[​IMG]

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really don't feel this is in the field of theology... Now if you want to see what Jerusalem and its people were like when Jesus came then this is the book for you.

I also purchased another one called Jesus and the Holy City... New Testament Perspectives on Jerusalem by P.W.L. Walker... This book is theology based but the price is double the first one... $28.00 ... Hope this helps... Both were purchased at the website mentioned earlier... Brother Glen [​IMG]

4. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

many thanks for your help.