1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus and "Nothing new under the sun"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by jdlongmire, Jun 7, 2008.

1. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

I may just be imagining this, since I cannot find it, but I have a vague memory of reading something that Jesus said that reminded me of:

Ecclesiastes 1:9
    What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

Anybody got a clue? Or am I just dreaming?

#1 jdlongmire, Jun 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2008
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this it?

Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts,
    and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.”

2 Peter 3:3-4 NASB95

3. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

May be...again, I thought it was Jesus, but this is certainly close. Thanks! :)

Anybody else?

4. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Could it be..

"But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." Matt 24:37

?