1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Jesus and the Rapture

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ktn4eg, Apr 19, 2012.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

You bet it was DNA Israel the same Israel that rejected the Messiah, then Church in the New Testament. the Jews were to bring the Gentiles to Christ and failed we the church are to bring all people into the church and guess what we are failing too. But both the Bride who comes with Christ and the Nation DNA Israel will be with Him in His earthly Regin in Zion on the Throne of His Father David just as prophecy says it will be.

2. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To the Jew first, then to the Gentile. I think St. Paul said it.

Rev 14:8 A second angel followed and said, “Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great, which made all the nations drink the maddening wine of her adulteries.

It's the Gary DeMar crowd that tries to say Jerusalem is Babylon, that the events in Revelation are past history and that Israel was a world power in the 1st century, fully capable of bossing Rome and the rest of the world around but they cannot identify in history the 144,000 Jewish evangelists of Revelation 7 & 14 and you call me a sensational Israel cultist? Are you kidding?

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....and you pick and choose which parts of that book you will literalize and which parts you will spiritualize; you're kidding, right?

4. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I say the Bible teaches something then it must be compatable with the whole rest of the Bible and not have obvious conflicts with the historical record. That's what I do. You may call it or characterize it however you want. For this Israel cultist the Bible is Jehovah telling me the way it is, not the way I would prefer or what would make me popular at office parties.

This is something the Gary DeMar crowd cannot do and doesn't even attempt to do because they don't get their theology/doctrine from the Bible. Rather they pull it out of thin air. But hey, this is individual soul liberty in action.

5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was a very serious time line involved for every Jew of 'that generation' alive on the planet. The urgency of the message to 'the Jew first' was 'Save yourselves from this crooked generation' (Acts 2), and 'Every soul that shall not hearken to that prophet, shall be utterly destroyed from among the people' (Acts 3).

Consider what was coming upon 'that generation':

upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of Abel the righteous unto the blood of Zachariah son of Barachiah, whom ye slew between the sanctuary and the altar. Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. Mt 23:35,36

(compare with: And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all that have been slain upon the earth. Rev 18:24 )

God made sure that every Jew on earth was given the chance to 'hearken to that prophet' before the wrath came. All the Jews of that generation on earth heard the gospel, and were given the chance to repent and escape the wrath that was to come upon 'that generation', and for their progeny to avoid the curses of the OT [Lev 26; Dt 28 & 31,32] that were to come upon the race. God gave her time to repent (a full forty year generation), but she would not.

#65 kyredneck, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
  6. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a reason why the Bible contains genealogies of both Jews and Gentiles. When Jehovah brings down the curtain in this present age, when the times of the gentiles are completed and when Jerusalem is no longer a burdensome land trodden underfoot by the gentiles. Then, at that time those genealogies will have practical application.

But of course to those who think we are now living in the kingdom, with Christ right now ruling and reigning, that Kingdom promised to Abraham and his descendents through Issac and Jacob, promised without any kinds of conditions that I can see, most of the 39 books of the Hebrew Scriptures are irrelevant forgetting that Jesus said that the Scriptures cannot be broken.

7. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just like you I have read from the preterist playbook so all of this has a ring of familiarity to it. Unlike you I have put the doctrine to the test. Your doctrine would be laughable if it were not so sad. Come to think of it, sad or not, it's is laughable. Theatre of the absurd.

8. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise God!

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I follow no 'playbook', in fact I had come to this persuasion before I had ever heard the term 'Preterist'.

You on the other hand hold to the dispensational falsehood, a complicated and disconnected eshatology that is rife with gross speculation and greedy sensationalism, that presents the Church as only a 'parenthesis' in God's scheme of things. The scope and magnitude of this deception among those who profess to know the Bible is anything but laughable, it's thoroughly discouraging and frightening as far as I'm concerned.

Esau is described as a 'profane person' in the scriptures, but at least he SOLD his birthright. You dispies give your's away.

#69 kyredneck, Apr 24, 2012
  10. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I'm sure.

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should be, I spoke the truth.

12. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    You deny using the preterist playbook then proceed to respond using the preterist playbook. Nice.

13. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    Forgot to check. Is there a full moon tonight?

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I'm done with you and your snide irrelevant comments.

15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, no 'playbook' here, 100% my words describing my experience/opinion of dispensationalism; I was raised in the SBC under it, I know it very well.

16. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought that you were done with me, because of my snide comments? You know, the ones that make you look silly.

#76 thomas15, Apr 24, 2012
  17. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Thomas15, you're translator seems to be malfunctioning. The translation is: I don't care what you believe, just don't malign the Word that I love - and say that I am doing it.

Are you the same Thomas15 that I knew from a few months back? You seem to have downgraded in civility quite a bit.

I have very few on the friend's list because I forget to even use the feature. My friends show themselves here by their deportment. I consider several here good friends. A number, even, with whom I disagree quite a bit, yet they never forget courtesy and grace toward a fellow Christian.

18. thomas15

Faith:
    Baptist
    You claim to love the Word and yet you think that Jesus returned in AD70 when clearly the Word discribes the return of Christ with a much different set of details. You also claim that you don't care what others believe but if anyone believes contrary to your belief they as you say malign the Word. In other posts of late you flat out tell readers of your posts what they must believe. The only thing that a believer must believe is that Christ, the second person of the triune God died to save them from their sins and that salvation is a gift of grace, given to those who confess, repent and trust in Him.

19. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Rev 3:10 says we'll be kept from the hour of temptation, not tribulation. That could very well mean that we'll be kept from temptation in the midst of the tribulation.

Now, I hope you're right. But remember, I asked for a clear, unmistakable verse not subject to any other interpretation. I just gave another interpretation of this verse.

On a subject of this much interest, one would think there would be such a verse as I asked for.

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Like I mentioned before, the same would apply to the mid and post trib views. You gave one post trib passage that you thought was money in the bank, and I showed that verse was also up for another interpretation...so the point remains there are many doctrines without a verse to stand on it's own. I wouldn't use that benchmark to dismiss any doctrine but the whole of Scripture. Christ gave us the best descriptions in the Bible in using the accounts of Lot and S&G and Noah and the flood. Both were spared.