1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus At The Door??

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by 4ever4Jesus, Sep 30, 2010.

?
  1. This looks alike like Jesus Christ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. This kind of looks like Jesus Christ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't really think this looks like Jesus Christ

20.0%
  4. I'm absolutely sure this doesn't look like Jesus Christ

60.0%
  5. I need to get a new prescription of glasses because this looks like my grouchy neighbor

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 4ever4Jesus

4ever4Jesus New Member

#1 4ever4Jesus, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think it looks like Inspector Clouseau from the Pink Panther - the cartoon one.

[​IMG]

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

So where's the photograph of Jesus? :smilewinkgrin:

4. 4ever4Jesus

4ever4Jesus New Member

You need to go to the link provided first to see the image.

My vote he does not look like Jesus at all.
    If this is Jesus than Bin Laden is now a Christian. This door belongs to the FBI 10 most wanted.:laugh:

5. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

How can we be 100% certain what Jesus looked like while He was here on earth? Do we have any reliable first-hand accounts that detail His physical appearances while He was here on earth?

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

We have the scriptures that tell us what a typical Jewish man would have looked like. He wouldn't have long hair unless he was taking the Nazarite vow. His hair & beard would have been just as the law commanded. I have never understood why Jesus is always pictured as having long hair. We know He drank wine so He had not taken the vow as that is prohibited.

7. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

What specific scriptures tell us what a typical Jewish would have looked like?

With regard to Jesus Christ Himself, the only scripture I know of that makes reference to His physical appearance while here on earth is in the latter portion of Isaiah 53:2, "...he hath no form or comeliness; and when we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him."

Apparently, then, He wasn't very phyiscally attractive.

8. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

What I think is that it is a natural design in the wood that just happens to resemble a face. Since no one knows for sure what Jesus looks like, any "resemblance" is speculative.

I have a piece of aluminum foil covering the ceiling window in my bedroom since I don't like the sun beating down on me in bed and don't like the sun in my eyes while in bed either. I often see bodies and faces in the foil as I lie there and look at it. Maybe I should look harder to see if Jesus' face in it. I might make a lot of money. :laugh:

9. 4ever4Jesus

4ever4Jesus New Member

Picture Reviews

Hey Jon Marc that’s a good one. See if you can find Jesus brothers also. What I would like to say however. Even though we don’t know what Jesus actually looks like I can still say for sure. The pictures or paintings I have seen I recognize this as Jesus and no one else. I do prefer some pictures better than others. But I am even like this about my own pictures as well. Some pictures I like some pictures of myself I hate. One thing for sure this carving imprint in the door is not close to any portrait I have seen.. Someone would be crazy even to invest one dollar for this door.:laugh:

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reminds me of a Salvador Dali portrait . . .

11. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

Isaiah 52:13 Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.

Isaiah 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

I think this guy's "vision" is wacked and he is out for the $$$$$

12. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Since we don't know what Jesus looked like, but we do know what Einstein looked like, I say it's Albert.