1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Jesus Christ Saves Lost Sinners

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by OldRegular, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is only in that "free will" system where God proclaims the offer of salvation to the lost that you can have "God's Lament" when some do not accept it.

After having been begged to be reconciled to God...

"We BEG YOU on behalf of Christ BE reconciled to God" 2Cor 5.

2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Calvinists often give up (take toys - go home) when too many texts are presented ... so what about a shorter list?

[FONT=&quot]“He CAME to HIS OWN and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]His OWN received Him not[/FONT][FONT=&quot]” John 1[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Matt 23[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]37“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]38“Behold, your house is being left to you desolate![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Luke 7[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]28 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]When all the people and the tax collectors heard this, they acknowledged God’s justice, having been baptized with the baptism of John. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]29 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]But the Pharisees and the lawyers rejected God’s purpose for themselves, not having been baptized by John.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Is 5:4[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?[/FONT]

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Answer the question ! Quit being scared !

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Why do you, and many others, persist in misusing that Scripture? Jesus Christ is speaking to the Church at Laodicea, not to the lost! Context, Context, Context!

5. OldRegular

Ryan

Please don't muddy the water with all the Scripture you quote without Comment!

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "if ANYONE hears my voice AND OPENS the door - I will come in" Rev 3

Christ is reaching out the "Christless" one alone, without God at all - Christ on the outside standing,.... knocking.

details details details.

in Christ,

Bob

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Rev. 3:20, which gets abused horribly was referencing a church.....

Why isn't the 'world' saved?

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Rev 3:20 speaks of the "Christless lost person" so unless there is some Calvinist fiction about lost people in the church being "more special" than the lost people outside the church -- the point remains.. "IF ANYONE hears My voice AND OPENS the door I WILL come in" Rev 3:20

And of course the WORLD is not saved because God sovereignly chooses the "whosoever will" system of free will to the point that "HE came to HIS OWN and HIS OWN received Him not" John 1:11

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Hmmmph...didn't realize you believed in election and predestination...

Rev. 3:20 is referencing a church...

10. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man, can you let go of your "free will" nonsense for one thread? It really does get old, considering there isn't one passage of scripture which says anyone ever chose to believe the gospel.

And spare us the "choose life" bit. That was written to an infant nation of believers who had faith in the blood on the doorpost.

But, that's not the point of the thread, so I will not respond to your out-of-context twisting of scripture in this thread.

And fwiw, I am anti-Calvinist, so don't try to go that route.

And btw - your posts are insanely long, making for enormous strain to stay interested

11. OldRegular

He endlessly posts the same stuff without comment. Perhaps that is how the founder of SDA, Ms. White, came up with 50,000 pages as Ryan claims om another thread!

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Actually Christ is speaking to His Children in Rev 3, we know this by Rev 3:19

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

God Loves and chastens His Children because they are not bastards Heb 12:6-10

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

He is speaking to His Sheep because He says Rev 3:20

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Those who hears Christ voice are His Sheep Jnn 10:3-4

To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

So your comment:

IS FALSE !

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christ describes His method of Evangelism for those who have not Christ - are poor blind misrable and naked without the covering of Christ's robe of righteousness alone on the inside "without Christ" and Christ on the outside where He "STANDS and KNOCKS and if ANYONE hears His voice AND OPENS the door He WILL Come in" Rev 3:20

The idea that poor, blind, miserable, naked people INSIDE the church (that are Christless --- alone with Christ only external ... ) are a special class "lost person" and have solved the problem for Calvinism for Rev 3:20, is a pipe dream.

The fact is lost.... is lost no matter where you find them.

And Rev 3:20 destroys Calvinism whether it pertains to "ANYONE" who is Christless and self-deceived as the text says - or it pertains to just the lost Christless people inside the church.

in Christ,

Bob

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Avoiding the texts of scripture proving free will, is not the compelling response for Calvinism that you may have at first imagined it to be.

This is the C-V-A board and as it turns out the Arminian side freely accepts the Bible teaching on free will which has everything to do with Christ's appeal to Lost sinners of the form "We BEG YOU on behalf of Christ - be reconciled to God". 2Cor 5

The Bible may 'appear' to be irrelevant to Calvinists when it debunks some doctrine of calvinism - but that is not the way everyone here views the text of scripture.

I only have 1 long post on this thread -- #21 and sadly for Calvinism -- there is not a single Calvinist that has found an answer to the texts proving Christ's outreach to the lost AND explaining His own Lament regarding those who reject the Gospel - for "He came to HIS OWN and His OWN received Him not" John 1:11 and his "What more could I HAVE DONE" question sinks Calvinism entirely.

in Christ,

Bob

#34 BobRyan, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Those Christ chastens are the Sons of God !

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is not one single text of scripture supporting a Christless gospel or a Christless saved state. The Rev 3 text deals with the lost who do not have Christ at all -- He STANDS on the outside "knocking"..

End of story.

17. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You keep saying scripture is irrelevant to others, but you're basically quote mining for anything that seems to support your cause.

2Cor 5:20 is at the end of a long treatise on the distinction between the inner man and outer man, and Paul was imploring the Corinthians to put away the deeds of the flesh.

Go back to the beginning of chapter 4, and read through chapter 5.

But pay attention to 4:1-4

Paul wrote of unbelievers that THEY have been blinded, so they would not see the light of Christ.
    Now all of a sudden he's begging these blind men to perceive light?
    And to perceive it by making a choice?

You ought to be ashamed of yourself

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Those Christ chasten are Sons , that they are not condemned with the world 1 Cor 11:32 ! They are Christians, so you lied about them being lost !

19. OldRegular

I have noted on numerous occasions that I am not a Calvinist but that statement is utter nonsense!

20. OldRegular

Perhaps Ryan is too busy wading through that 50,000 pages of NEW revelation given to his leader, Ms. White.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.