1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

No you are off subject.
    YOU ARE YOU ARE YOU ARE>

Dude, if you are going to make an accusation to someone, be adult enough to explain why you think that. Don't just sit there and yell NO YOU, back and forth.

If my comment, "If it's CHRIST who is the same today and yesterday, (scripture says it's God, not Christ, and in scripture they are kept separate, by GOD's choice, not man's), so you start off in the very question, presuming eisegetics. " went unchallenged and was accepted, then no, it was not off topic, but most assuredly it was a consequence of your position that you didn't consider before mouth was engaged.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    calvinists realise that its ONLY thru the gtace of god ANY of us can get saved, that we are dead in our sin natures, and unless the lord woke us up and saved us, would be lost and damned!

We are MOST appreciative, as he chose us, while we could NOT choose Him!

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    it does seem that God quit using those though to confirm the gospel of christ, as Timothy needed wine, Paul was given Enduring grace!

4. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

'Tis my fervent opinion that this is the most Scripturally-sound comments from you I've seen yet.
    Excuse me while I get up off the floor.

Then comes the trivial matter of maintaining our salvation ... because IMO we can throw it away.

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

In Him was Life !

John 1:1-4

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

That Life was the Light of men, the Elect of God and those who would become Believers in time, for as many as were ordained to Eternal Life believed Acts 13:48. It was all these that did have Life in Christ, the Word, before they had life and were created in Adam, and before they sinned in Adam, for they had a Covenant Life in their Covenant Head. Now I am not speaking of any personal existence, but a spiritual life, a seed life given them in Christ; for they all existed as the Spiritual Body of which He was the Head of which is seen in scripture Col 1:16-18, that is Christ as the Head of His Body, and that His Body was created in Him, as Eve was created in Adam, for they were Chosen and given to Him as Eve was God's Choice for Adam and gave her to him, for it is written : Gen 2:22

And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Now some may say that Christ was not created ! But oh yes He was, but only its more appropriately called begotten or generated or brought forth.

Prov 8:22-25

22 The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

However it must be made clear that this generation or being brought forth only applies to His Mediator Sonship as the Son of God, set up in His Mediator capacity Prov 8:23, as the Man Christ Jesus 1 Tim 2:5; and we also hold that Christ in His absolute Divinity was never begotten, or generated, or brought forth, but always existed Uncreated, Unbegotten as the Word of God Jn 1:1, but His bride was created in Him as He was Himself was begotten as the Mediator and Firstborn of Creation Rev 3:14

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Col 1:15

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Now it was as the God Man Mediator that the Life or Covenant Life of all them Chosen in Him, was that Life of men in Him Jn 1:4 and this Life was the Light of men.

Turn with me to Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; See also Isa 49:6

Lk 2:32

32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

And each man that had this Covenant Life given them in Christ, shall partake of it as they come into this world Jn 1:9

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

That is every man that has an interest in Christ as their Covenant Head, and that is because they have Covenant Life, they will be lightened with the Light of Life Jn 8:12 and Acts 13:47

47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. That fulfills Lk 2:32 !

All of those who has Spiritual Life and Light communicated to them, it was because they had Covenant Life in Him Jn 1:4

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent post sbm, totally agree.

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Thats good !

8. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Matthew 7:
    21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
    but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

John 6:
    39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me,
    that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.
    40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that
    everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life;
    and I will raise him up at the last day.”

This would make for a good thread ... The full counsel of God re: His will

#28 evangelist-7, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2012
  9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you agree witht he Lord jesus that one MUST place faith in him in order to be saved/justified/reborn again to eternal life in christ though?

10. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Nope, I don't agree.
    Jesus said a whole lot more about this, and it takes a whole lot more, than just placing faith in Him.
    I'll start a thread about this soon.
    (It looks like you believe in OSAS.)

#30 evangelist-7, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
  11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, believe int he biblical truth that since God saved me. keeps me, he will beable to present me holy and blameless to the father on that day!

12. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Yes, you have the right idea. Praise God!
    But, it does require more than hoping ... it does require doing.
    YOU have to be willing to be sanctified unto holiness by the Holy Spirit who is in you.
    That's where election and free-will meet together.
    And if you have any unforgiveness on that Day, you will end up in Hell.
    Guaranteed. Love you, 'bro.