1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus' final week timeline?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by zrs6v4, May 21, 2009.

1. zrs6v4

zrs6v4 Member

I was reading through Leviticus (which is a miracle) and I got to chapter 23 about the feasts. I began to remember some discussion I had before about the perfection of the time frame in the last week through the resurrection of Jesus. I am especially interested to know the significance of the Jewish day 'Feast of the Firstfruits'.

As I read through it I remembered that Jesus is the "firstborn from the dead" and that He told His disciples "I tell you I will not drink of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in my Father's kingdom." I may be wrong but these two passages seem to have some comparison in that particular feast.

Anyway, if anyone has a good trustworthy timeline of the last week of Jesus- the resurrection in comparison to the Jewish callender/feasts Id really appreciate it.