1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus is Better than Santa Claus

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by bb_baptist, Dec 23, 2001.

1. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

Santa lives at the North Pole ...

JESUS is everywhere.

Santa rides in a sleigh ...

JESUS rides on the wind and walks on the water.

Santa comes but once a year ...

JESUS is an ever present help.

Santa fills your stockings with goodies ...

JESUS supplies all your needs.

Santa comes down your chimney uninvited ...

JESUS stands at your door and knocks, and then

enters your heart when invited.

You have to wait in line to see Santa ...

JESUS is as close as the mention of His name.

Santa lets you sit on his lap ...

JESUS lets you rest in His arms.

Santa doesn't know your name, all he can say is

"Hi little boy or girl, what's your name?" ...

JESUS knew our name before we did.

Not only does He know our name,

He knows our address too.

He knows our history and future and

He even knows how many hairs are on our heads.

Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly ...

JESUS has a heart full of love.

All Santa can offer is HO HO HO ...

JESUS offers health, help and hope.

Santa says "You better not cry" ...

JESUS says "Cast all your cares on me

for I care for you."

Santa's little helpers make toys ...

JESUS makes new life, mends wounded hearts,

repairs broken homes and builds mansions.

Santa may make you chuckle but ...

JESUS gives you joy that is your strength.

While Santa puts gifts under your tree ...

JESUS became our gift and died on a tree.

It's obvious there is really no comparison.

We need to remember WHO Christmas is all about.

We need to put Christ back in CHRISTmas,

Jesus is still the reason for the season.

Yes, Jesus is better

He is even better than Santa Claus.

Merry CHRISTmas!!!

2. Kathy

Kathy New Member

PRAISE JESUS!

I told my daughter that Santa WORKS for Jesus cuz without Jesus, there is NO WAY Santa could know when you are sleeping or away and all that jazz! She was thrilled! All she wanted to know was if Santa had Jesus in his heart!

Kathy
    <><

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember a sermon from childhood on the dangers of "Satan's Claws". Built upon the contrasts you give above.

Satan has always worked on the "imitation" principle and Santa is good proof of that.

Thanks for the good post.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jeremiah 15:1; Then said the Lord unto me, Though Moses and Samuel stood before me, yet my mind could not be toward this people: cast them out of my sight, and let them go forth.

I'm glad that Jesus is better than Moses and Samuel, too. ((shudder))

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Weren't the closest ones to Jesus confused about His divine Son-ship? On the Mount where Christ was transfigured, the inner circle were going to built THREE memorials - for Jesus, Moses and Elijah.

Our human perspectives get awfully clouded up when we can find ANYONE or ANYTHING coming ANYWHERE near our love and worship of the Lord Jesus!

6. jpbrooks

jpbrooks New Member

This mat be another one for the list:

Santa was created by humans ...

But humans were created by Christ.

[ December 26, 2001: Message edited by: webmaster ]

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Preach it, JP! [​IMG]

8. Mike G

Mike G New Member

I like this one. Check it out. (Sorry, I got this in an e-mail. No link. It's kinda long)

THE TRUTH ABOUT SANTA

It is truly heartwarming to know that millions of people around the world believe in Santa. Sure, most are under four feet tall, but still it's amazing that so many believe in the big guy in the red suit. Consider the following:

Around the globe, today, live approximately two billion children (persons under 18). Santa doesn't visit all of them, of course. Subtracting the number of Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, or Buddhist children reduces Santa's Christmas Eve workload to 15 percent of the total, or 378 million children (according to the Population Reference Bureau). At an average (census) rate of 3.5 children per household, and presuming that there is at least one good child in each home, Santa must visit about 108 million homes.

Santa has about 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 967.7 visits per second. That means that at each household with a good child, Santa has around 1/1000th of a second to park the sleigh, hop out, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left for him, and get back up the chimney, jump into the sleigh, and get on to the next house.

For the purposes of our calculations, we will assume that each of these 108 million stops is evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false). We're talking about a trip of 0.78 miles per household; a total trip of 75.5 million miles, not counting bathroom stops or breaks. To cover that ground in 31 hours, Santa's sleigh moves at 650 miles per second--3,000 times the speed of sound. By comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second, and a conventional reindeer can run (at best) 15 miles per hour.

The payload of the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized Lego set (two pounds), the sleigh must carry over 500 thousand tons, not counting Santa himself. On land, a conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. In air, even granting that the "flying" reindeer could pull 10 times the normal amount, the job can't be done with a mere eight or nine of them--Santa would need 360,000 of them. This increases the payload, not counting the weight of the sleigh, another 54,000 tons, or roughly seven times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth (the ship, not the monarch).

Six hundred thousand tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance--this would heat up the reindeer in the same fashion as a spacecraft reentering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer would absorb 14.3 quintillion joules of energy per second each. In short, they would burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them and creating deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team would be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second, or right about the time Santa reached the fifth house on his trip.

Not that it matters, however, since Santa, as a result of accelerating from a dead stop to 650 miles per second in .001 seconds, would be subjected to centrifugal forces of 17,500 g's. A 250-pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of the sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force, instantly crushing his bones and organs and reducing him to a quivering blob of pink goo.

Considering all this, it's amazing that some children (and even a few adults) have no problem believing in Santa.

By comparison, the story of the little baby in the manger is relatively easy to believe. The life of Jesus Christ is a fact, recorded not only by biblical writers but by secular historians as well. Some historians declare that there is more evidence for the birth, death, and resurrection of Christ than there is evidence that Julius Caesar ever lived at all.

Even in the face of the written testimony of eyewitnesses, many people refuse to believe in Jesus. They consider him nothing more than a myth. But for those willing to believe with childlike faith, Jesus promises an inheritance of the kingdom of God (Mark 10:14).

An article called "YES VIRGINIA, THERE IS A JESUS" from "Still More Hot Illustrations for Youth Talks" by Wayne Rice ([email protected])