1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus Isn't Only Way to God

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Gershom, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

So Jesus has lied to us and we can now throw our Bibles out the window. Schori has set herself up as the authority.

SOURCE

[​IMG]

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Let's burn her at the stake!:rolleyes:

3. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

We won't need to. God will see to it.

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

That's not a bad theology.

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

What is not a bad theology?

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Schori's theology is not bad if one considers Christ a liar.

I believe what He said. She obviously doesn't.

7. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==No need to do that. Her eternal soul will burn in the lake of fire for all eternity if she does not repent. Her comments equal blasphemy.

8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Her comments are blasphemous, heretical, unbiblical, and straight from the pit of hell.:thumbs:

9. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would stake her for the burn, anyway.

10. Brother Randall

Brother Randall New Member

The bible is very clear...there is just ONE way:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

Jesus is THE WAY. Many in this day wrongly think they can do it on their own without Jesus. They wrongly believe they can somehow earn their way (through good works) into heaven Or they believe they will be forgiven or offered a last chance to accept Jesus on the Day of Judgment. Not so!

I wonder how long until Larry King has her on his show.

11. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

She sounds like a Bill Moyers admirer.

12. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

this:

We Christians understand that, yes, Jesus is the only way to God. However, we disagree vehemently on the question of what God does with those who have neve heard of Jesus; we use our understanding of Jesus as the sole path to God as an excuse to deride and pour hatred upon those who believe differently, and we use our understanding of Christ as the sole pathway to God to dismiss, out-of-hand, anyone without the proper Christian credentials.

I think it's a wonderful example of Christian hatred to post apicture of the Reverend with an epithet across her face. I'm sure there are glowing examples of this kind of thing all through the Gospels.

Being open to the thoughts and beliefs of others is risky, because that can challenge our own beleifs, yes. However, it opens a previously-shut door to share with these others our great Good News of life and hope in Christ.

There's more, but that'll do for now. Flame away, friends. Flame away.

13. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know of any thoughts or beliefs of others that can challenge my belief in Christ at all. There is absolutely no risk involved.

15. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Since she has been misquoted because the entire thought was not given let us take a look at what she really said:

It is easy to take a snipet and produce a critic of those who criticize her but as we see the whole thought as it was actually intended she has taught those who she oversees a false and ungodly teaching. In Matthew 7:20 Jesus said we shall know false teachers by their fruits. We are to measure their teaching not by mans wisdom but by the living word of God.

She, as has been quoted above, is suggesting that God allows men and women of other faiths that do not believe in Christ, to enter into the kingdom of God. This assertion is based out of the sin of man and calls God a liar. It is very reminiscint of the fall of Adam and eve. "Hath God said ye shall not eat of every tree in the garden?"

This woman not called of God has now questioned God's Words in the exact same way. Her suggestion that Jesus is "perhaps not the only way to God" is no different than asking "Hath God said Jesus is the only way to God"? This is a lie straight from the pit of hell. It is evil, it is not to be considered, and she does not speak for God.

Conversations with such people, who deny Christ is the only way, are to be avoided. It is suggested that speaking to such people shows love and is to be done in the name of the great commission. Paul commanded us in Romans 16:17 that such people are to be avoided. Paul says to "mark" them that teach doctrines contrary to those you have learned. No where in scripture does it say to sit down and have a conversation with lost heretics who refuse the truth of God's Word.

It has been told to me that questioning anothers salvation under any circumstances is against the rules of this board. I have yet to see that rule posted. And I have my doubts that Andrew would necessarily support such a blind statement. Anyone who supports this womans theology is as lost as the day is long. And if Andrew wants to ban me because of that statment then so be it. But I will stand for the gospel of Jesus Christ and will not let such vile lies be spued unanswered. And quite frankly any support of this womans theology should be reported. I am sure Andrew would be interested to know of it.

16. 2 Timothy2:1-4

We have gotten accustomed to the blurred puffs of gray that pass for doctrine in churches and expect nothing better. From some previously unimpeachable sources are now coming vague statments consisting of a milky admixture of scripture, science, and human sentiment that is true to none of its ingedients because each one works to cancel the other out.

Little by little Christians these days are being brainwashed. One evidence is that increasing numbers of them are becomeing ashamed to be found unequivocally on the side of truth. They say they believe, but their beliefs have been so diluted as to be impossible of a clear definition. Moral power has always accompanied definite beliefs. Great saints have always been dogmatic.

A. W. Tozer

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2 Tim - AMEN!

18. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

Unfortunately, the Rev. Jefferts Schon isn't the only one who believes that. I just finished listening to a sermon by an Espiscopal rector in Indianapolis on the radio this afternoon who gave a sermon based on Luke 13:22-34. She said that people don't have a problem with gentles becoming members of the kingdom of God. She said that people do have a problem when we expand it even more. She said that maybe Buddhists and Muslims are members of the kingdom of God. People ask themselves, "Am I excluded because I'm black or white or red or brown or gay or straight?" She contends that people want to exlcude others so they can feel special: "I'm saved and your'e not." She further said, "We are an inclusive church." She said that coming in through the narrow door and people coming from north, south, east, and west into the kingdom of God are not contradictions. She said that if you try to enter the gate by yourself, it is narrow, but it widens if you allow other people to come in with you.

I almost fell off the futon after hearing that. I have never heard Luke 13 interpreted THAT way before! :confused:

19. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

We need not argue or disagree vehemently on the question. God is just and He said in His Word that His Son is THE ONLY WAY, PERIOD. AND, we don't use OUR understanding of Jesus as the sole path, but we believe the BIBLE and tell others what HE said, and that is: No one comes to the Father but by Me. Signed, Jesus.

And Paul said:

GALATIANS 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

This woman is accursed. That's worse than me (yes, I did it) spraying the word "heretic" across her face. Pray that she will repent.

Maybe you could write to this woman and let her know what Jesus has said about Himself. If she's going to play "religious leader" under the guise of the Christian Faith, she should at least get vital doctrine of salvation correct. But I doubt that she will respond.

I don't know how anyone could come to the defence of a false teacher. She has denied Christ, preaching another gospel. Paul said let her be accursed.

20. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

AMEN! False teachers are to be exposed. This isn't some Joe Schmoe out on the street somewhere, but a person with some "religious" status claiming to have the truth and is leading people down the wide road of destruction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.