1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Jesus only “knows” believers who are obedient

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Samuels, Feb 7, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    yeshua
    Were you saved just so you could sin all you want to and not be punished?
    MB

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, but the Lord Died in my place, as he was able to be sinless, and was the one who bore my penalty upon the Cross!

So I never have to worry if I have become enough sinless, as Jesus died for all of my sins!

3. Laradex3

Laradex3 New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Samuels, you wanted warning passages, so here's the first one!

Because of my background I possibly know better than many the various Scriptures that are used to attempt to disprove the doctrine of Once Saved, Always Saved (or the Eternal Security of the believer).

Hebrews 6:4-6 is probably used more than any other Scriptures to support the idea that salvation can be lost.

IF the subject of these verses is salvation, those who “fall away” can never be saved again! “It is impossible to renew them again to repentance.”

The traditional Arminian teaching has always provided an opportunity to be born again AND AGAIN. I have yet to meet the first Arminian who does not urge men and women to ‘come back to the Lord’, to be ‘reclaimed’ or ‘restored’.

It is important to note what the author of Hebrews does NOT say. He does not say that individuals cannot be FORGIVEN or RESTORED to salvation. The issue here is REPENTANCE.

Repentance means to ‘change one’s mind’. The FRUIT of repentance is the behavior that follows. We are NOT saved by the FRUIT of repentance. We are saved by the faith by that justifies APART FROM WORKS (Rom 3:26-28).

If we become faithless, GOD REMAINS FAITHFUL to us (2 Tim 2:13).

Peter DENIED the Lord. Like him, we can also BE RESTORED (Mat 26:32, Luke 22:31-34, John 21:15-17, Acts 2:1, 31, 36).

Mat 10:33 also mentions denying the Lord. The period of time Jesus had mind for this verse was during the Great Tribulation, or, the Time of Jacob’s Trouble. (Compare verses 10:17-22 with 24:7,9-10,20 and Luke 21:12-19).

4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me get this straight. Since your saved you believe you can sin all you want to and it won't make any difference?
    MB

5. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's not what he's saying at all. Jesus atoned for all our sins(the elect) and when we sin, it has been paid for. However, that does not give us an 'out' and we can go around and sin all the day long. The Christian's life is rife with repentance, as we know when we sin, it does not please Him. Yet, Jesus is our advocate before the Father, and He pleads our case(intercedes on our behalf) before Him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People need to keep reading that passage on, as he states that he is also sure that they are good fruits and will continue in the faith!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct, as we are now free in Christ to live for God now, as now fully forgiven and reconciled back to God, but we still need to make sure that we are walking in the light, so that his blood will continually cleansed us from all our sins!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It will affect my fellowship with God, but not my relationship, but also there is no excuse to be found to be wilfully sinning after saved!

9. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All you're claiming is that 90% of people sitting in American churches are NOT born-again!
    Congratulations, keep up the good work.

10. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I make no such claims. God will keep those who are his adopted children. Illegitimate imitators will not be received into the Kingdom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Please stop dreaming ... and step into reality for a while.

American churches are filled with people who think they're saved and going to heaven,
    whilst they are happily habitually sinning with NO repentance!
    Many of these will be finding out that they are NOT saved.

Gee, how many times do I have to say this.
    I'm gonna keep it ... and just paste and copy it in every post.

12. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I said the Christian's life is rife with repentance. Imitators & mockers eat up the 'free grace theology' and live it up like there's no tomorrow.

13. Laradex3

Laradex3 New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Samuels, you COWARD! Stop criticizing your brothers in the Lord. (There will be BOTH people like you, who believe you can lose your salvation, and those who don't, IN HEAVEN.) This is because they are LOVED by God. BUT some are WEAK. Paul, in 1 Cor 3, talks about CARNAL Christians. Note, that in verse 1, he calls them BROTHERS. They are SAVED! While they may not demonstrate the FRUIT of repentance, they are STILL saved by faith ALONE.

Later in the chapter, Paul says that these Christians WILL BE JUDGED! Whatever works that FOLLOWED their salvation, IF ANY, will be burned up. But, they WILL be saved so as by FIRE. These Christians can expect NO rewards from the Lord. They WILL be in the Kingdom, but will NEVER reign with Him. They will be SLAVES to those FAITHFUL believers who WILL be KINGS and PRIESTS under Christ.

Samuels, I KNOW you are saved. And, you are NOT a CARNAL Christian! But, YOU need to REPENT! You may have BIG differences with your brothers on this forum, but you MUST speak IN LOVE! (Follow PAUL'S EXHORTATIONS in 1 Cor 13).

Apparently, you AGREE with what I said about the Hebrews 6 warning passage! You NEVER replied.

14. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My Point is that we are not saved so we can sin all day long. The fulfillment of the Law is to Love your neighbors. If you love them as your self your not as likely to sin against them. repentence is dying to sin and we do this over and over because it is necessary for our own hearts. Otherwise we would continually be guilt ridden all the time.
    MB

15. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh, you mean like how Jesus treated the Pharisees!
    There were no 2 by 4s to use back then.
    And I can't use 'em on the Internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.