1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Jesus said that he will build his Church/ Local Assembly or Body of Christ?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Nov 20, 2013.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tom read the following and tell me why what I have written there is not, "the faith by which man is saved"? In other words the faith is the faithfulness of God in sending his Son to die, that appointed as the wages of sin.
    I do not believe faith, belief is what comes from us but is the truth of the word of God come to fruition. Before the foundation of the world God believed in the shed blood of his Son to be born of a woman taken from man made in his own image. When that Son born of woman was obedient unto death God his father gave him the inheritance of the hope of eternal life the Promise of God who can not lie. See Gal 3:18/19

Please keep in mind that Gal 3:22 says before the faith came and Gal 3:25 says after the faith having come.

What is the faith. The faith by which one is saved.

The faithfulness of God in Christ.

What was foreordained before the foundation of the world to take place?

It was foreordained before the foundation of the world that the Christ, the Anointed of God would shed his precious blood for redemption. Was there any man there to hear this ordination? What would the Christ be like? A lamb without spot and without blemish, therefore sinless. Who would the Christ be?

Jesus the Christ asked the question.

Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? From Matt 22:42

They say unto him,*The Son*of David. 22:42 Were they wrong? Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; Acts 2:30 NO they were not wrong. However what else did Jesus ask them?

He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? Matt 22:43-45

Who is the LORD and who is my Lord? Is the LORD God the Father and my Lord, Jesus of Nazareth born of the virgin Mary conceived by the Spirit God also the seed of David and also Abraham?

Jesus of Nazareth the Son of God and the Son of Man is the Christ as of a lamb without spot and without blemish that would shed his blood. Die for our sins. The word of God from before man was made in the image of God says the man Child of God would shed his sinless blood for redemption. That is the belief (faith, faithfulness of God in Christ) that will be heard of and by which the Spirit of Truth would be sent for the confirmation thereof.

What is the confirmation of the death, the shed blood of Christ being the faith/faithfulness of God in Christ? The resurrection of that dead Son from the dead. The giving to the Christ the promise of God made before time begin. Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

And if Christ be not raised, your faith vain; ye are yet in your sins. 1 Cor 15:17

The faith/faithfulness of God in Christ came when Jesus the Christ was obedient unto death even the death of the cross and God his Father then raised Jesus the Christ from the dead.

And before the coming of the faith, under law we were being kept, shut up to the faith about to be revealed, so that the law became our child-conductor -- to Christ, that by faith we may be declared righteous, and the faith having come, no more under a child-conductor are we (are now under grace, the resurrection of Jesus) for ye are all sons of God through the faith in Christ Jesus, Gal 3:23-26 YLT

Gal 3:14 YLT that to the nations the blessing of Abraham may come in Christ Jesus, that the promise of the Spirit we may receive through the faith.

Because God the Father raised Jesus from the dead and gave Jesus the promise of the Holy Spirit, that Spirit could then be given to us.

'This Jesus did God raise up, of which we are all witnesses; at the right hand then of God having been exalted -- also the promise of the Holy Spirit having received from the Father -- he was shedding forth this, which now ye see and hear; Acts 2:32,33 YLT

Please let me know what you think and take your time and actually consider the scriptures.

Thanks.

BTW I have never heard this anywhere that I know of it is what the word of God says to me.

I also know it goes against a lot of traditional thought. But I can't help that.

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I tend to agree, but how is this connected to our discussion?

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Brother, I want to make sure I understand your point of view. There is much in your post I can agree with--certainly the scripture passages--but I'm going to have to mull over your conclusion. Or at least the conclusion I think you have come to. Give me some time, please.

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Thank you, look forward to your thoughts.