1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus & Salvation By Faith ALONE

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by adisciplinedlearner, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Adam's sin was rebellion against God, nothing more.
    God reveals His truth through his word. The Bible says: "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God."
    How do you receive revelation--through rocking on your chair? You still haven't explained that to me yet.
    Luther followed the truth as he studied the Bible. When he studied the Bible he found the great doctrine "justified by faith alone," a doctrine not taught in the RCC, and thus opposed the RCC because of it. This was but one of the factors in the Reformation.
    Do as Luther did. Study your Bible. Find out the truth for yourself.
    Be as the Bereans in Acts 17:11

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
    Since there was no church in the OT, I request that you stick to the NT.
    If you followed God's Word you would not believe in the heresy of universalism.
    First, God does not go contrary or beyond what is written in His Word.
    Second, as requested you have given me no evidence that you have an anointing, therefore you have just condemned yourself as anti Christ.
    Care to restate your position??
    He didn't hear God. He studied the Bible, and Biblical truth was revealed to him through study.
    Then study the Bible and not Luther. Isn't that an easy answer.
    Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.
    The elect are those who have trusted those as Savior and none else. Those who have rejected Christ will spend eternity in the Lake of Fire and be tormented in its flames forever and ever.
    Only believers are the elect of God.
    The elect of God will overcome.
    I know I am of the elect because I have trusted Christ as my Savior. I need no other reason than that. I do not need to question God, call his integrity into question or infer that he is a liar.
    Do you?

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And now we have reached over 30 pages and this thread thankfully must be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.