1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus saves from unbelief !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Oct 31, 2011.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

1 Tim 1:12-15

12And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

The Apostle Paul here has no problem here relating His sinnership with His previous unbelief, which lead to his blaspheming, being a persecutor, and injurious.

Unbelief fueled those other sins, and hence, to be saved from His sins and from under there power, he needed to be saved from his unbelief as well..

Many falsely teach that unbelief is not a sin for which Christ died, but that is false, for Christ died for all His peoples sins, unbelief being one of them.

To be a unbeliever is to be a sinner of the worst kind, for it is classified with other notorious sins that classify men who will have their part in the lake of fire !

Rev 21:8

8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

We have different types of sinners here pointed out by Divine Inspiration who will not see heaven, and they are :

The fearful, the unbelieving, the abominable, murderers, whoremongers, sorcerers, idolators, and all liars..

being a unbeliever is no better than being a whore monger or a murderer or and idolater..

If Christ therefore died for ones sins, He died for their unbelief, for it is just as much a sin of the flesh and the mind as any other sin..

So when God laid upon Him my iniquities [ Isa 53:6]
    Was not unbelief the sin that caused satan success with eve when she turned to her own way ?

Notice Gen 3:4-6

4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: [see jn 8:44]

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

She believed the lie rather than God, hence unbelief at work..

Unbelief is a notorious sin because it calls God a Liar 1 Jn 5:10

10He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

Now to say unbelief is not a sin, is to say calling God a liar is not a sin, when God is a God of truth..for God puts His own self as to swear by as the ultimate standard of Truth

Heb 6:13-14

13For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,

14Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.

This is why Paul says in giving His conversion testimony, he mentions unbelief , along with his other heinous acts against Jesus christ..and lets remember, Paul was a very religious man when he was in unbelief, so its very possible to be religious and still a notorious unbeliever..

If one dies as a unbeliever, it proves this, that Jesus Christ did not die for their sins..because if He did, He would have delivered them from their sin of unbelief as He does all their other sins, for scripture says Matt 1:21

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

1 Tim 1:13,15

13Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

To be saved from ones sins, is like Paul, to be saved from unbelief..

2. billwald

billwald New Member

But then "unbelief" is the only sin that condemns thus God created the majority of the human population for Hell. If God's intent was for the majority to end up in Heaven he would have created different rules.

3. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

:applause::applause:

4. billwald

billwald New Member

>21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

How do you define "his people?"

5. rstrats

rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    savedbymercy,

re: "To be a unbeliever is to be a sinner of the worst kind..."

But since a person cannot consciously CHOOSE to believe things, what is the person suppose to do?

6. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Always what they want to do and only what they want to do - Rom. 8:7.

7. CF1

CF1 New Member

Amen! Glorious Truth! What mercy, love, and grace, that brought the Lord of Glory in Heaven's splendor, way down to the cross to save us from our sin! If that doesn't make you gasp, and lose a heartbeat or a breath, you are blind, deaf, and stone dead.

Praise God for Grace! May the Holy Spirit Proclaim this Liberty to the Captives worldwide!

#7 CF1, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  8. rstrats

rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Walter,

re: "Always what they want to do and only what they want to do..."

Except for being able to consciously CHOOSE to believe things.