1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus Sin

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Aug 30, 2011.

?
  1. couldn't

13 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. wouldn't

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. could

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. sinned, put that there to get rid of uou on BB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who say Jesus could sin just don't know Him like I do. :wavey:

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Exactly.

There is no way that the God of the Bible, and the One Whom I know, could sin. The one that could have sinned is not the God of the Bible.

#22 preacher4truth, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2011
  3. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

Amen! Amen! Amen! Jesus was God in the flesh!
    (Joh 1:1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(Joh 1:2) The same was in the beginning with God.

(Joh 1:14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen Brother! Good post! :thumbs:

5. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Most of us do see Jesus as this is my Son in whom I am well pleased who could not sin the precious chosen stone. There is also nothing wrong with seeing Jesus as the second Adam who was tempted just as adam was and even greater and did not sin and won where the first didn't and in Him and through Him we obtain what we could not.That there was actually a challege that He could but wouldn't. That Jesus became a life given Spirit. Don't be afraid to speak of how you see it and learn from question. I learned many things by questioning hard question looking for answers and ignoring people who think I don't know what I am talking about because I don't see things their way.

#25 psalms109:31, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2011
  6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

And to expound on this post of yours, Bro. Jeff:

Matt. 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

7. psalms109:31

Jesus is God with us, I praise God that you see that.

There is another who see Him as Adam who was tempted and did not sin not like the first Adam but won. You say that He can't

We know that He is God champion and could not lose.

I am trying to see how God with us can sin being like Adam is.

I am not trying misrepresent the other side, but trying to see how can this be.

Is the Soul and flesh of Jesus a life to Himself that can work apart from the Spirit?

Is Adam also the word of God made flesh and how can that be? That he could of told Eve as Jesus would tell satan why did you eat the fruit the word of God said eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and you shall surely die. The serpeant said this but God said that repent and Adam not eat the fruit. That Adam had the word of God to pass temptation but failed?

I am trying to work with you. How can Jesus as soul and body could but wouldn't sin.

I see what the scripture say's that Jesus is the word of God made flesh and God with us. and I also see.

Hebrews 4:15
    For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.

How can you be tempted if you couldn't sin? If you couldn't sin than you couldn't be tempted is that what you are saying right?

I am probable just off the mark of what the could, but wouldn't group believe.

I should of made the poll with multiple answers and anonymous

#27 psalms109:31, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2011
  8. psalms109:31

If Jesus soul couldn't work independed from the Spirit as Adam did.

Then He couldn't sin or be tempted.

How can He be tempted as we are if we can and He couldn't sin?

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Well Brother, just because someone tempts you with something, doesn't necessarily mean you will be enticed. When we are bombarded with temptations, we can be enticed by them. This is where we have to ask the Father to help us in this time of need. Jesus abhorred sin, and just because a woman might have given Him the "come hither" look, doesn't mean He was enticed by her. He was God manifested in the flesh. God can not sin. Therefore, Jesus can not, and would not sin.

If you are on a diet, and you hate pizza, someone may tempt you with a slice of pizza. But, since you hate it, there is no enticement involved with that temptation. Jesus hates sin, and there would be no enticement when He was tempted by sin.

10. psalms109:31

Of course we can be tempted and not give into temptation(we can give in), but if someone couldn't (can't) give into the temptation that it isn't being tempted like we are in every way. That is what the other side is trying to convey.

#30 psalms109:31, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011
  11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you hate pizza, there's no temptation by the very meaning of the word. Temptation MUST require desire by definition.