1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus the man from heaven

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Aug 18, 2011.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Scriptures affirming The Man Jesus christ Pre Existence

1 Cor 10:9

9Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted [Christ], and were destroyed of serpents.

Remember paul also wrote that rock that followed them [Israel] in the wilderness was Christ..

vs 4

4And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

2 Cor 8:9

9For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he [Jesus Christ] was rich, yet for your sakes he [Jesus Christ] became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

Simply stating He was Jesus Christ Rich before He was Jesus Christ poor via the incarnation..in both Instances He is the Man Jesus Christ..

Phil 2:6

6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

He was not in the Form of God in His Deity, for in His Deity He was very God [ Not a Form], but in His Pre existening Man Hood as Mediator, He was in the Form of God..

Col 1:15,17

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

17And he [Jesus Christ] is before all things, and by him all things consist. see Eph 3:9 also..

Jesus Christ is not the Firstborn of all creatures as Deity, for in that regard He was never born or Begotten, so this is speaking of His Mediatorial Manhood..in this regard He is before all things, which makes sense, since all things would be created through his medium as Mediator with God and Man..

Heb 1:2

2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Deity wasn't appointed Heir of All things, So this is speaking of His Mediatorial Manhood by which also He made the Worlds..So we know vs 2 here is regarding precreation..He was appointed heir of the World before creation..so He existed then..

1 Jn 4:2-3

2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of Antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Notice what John is saying here..confessing , agreeing that the Man Jesus Christ is come in the flesh..you see, the name Jesus Christ emphasizes His Manhood, and if he is being emphasized as coming in the Flesh, then He had to previously exist as Jesus Christ before, and in order to come as the same person..

And John solemnly warns, those rejecting this Truth is Not of God, and this is the Spirit of AntiChrist..and I believe John.Amen !

Jesus Christ is called the beginning of the creation of God Rev 3:14

14And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

This must refer to His Manhood, and not His Deity..this refers to Him being brought forth in eternity past as the head of the election of grace, his body, the church..which is again stated here:

Col 1:16-18

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning
    , the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

These are Just a few of many other scripture testimony of this sacred being, and His Pre Existence..

Warning, only Gods True elect will begin to accept this Truth, but His enemies will deny it and reject it at all accounts..

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Phil 2:5-6

5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6Who, being in the form of God [pre incarnation], thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Now this was His thinking in the past preincarnated, as a Man, Being in the Form of God [manifested form], now this would make no sense if it was His Deity being spoken of here.. Notice, the Mind that was in Christ Jesus, for this is His Anointed Manhood name being referred to here in pre incarnation as Mediator..1 Tim 2:5

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

As Mediator He was the Man Christ Jesus being in the form of God..

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Phil 2:5

In the OT Theophanies, when the Angel of the LORD spake as God, it was The Preincarnated Jesus Christ in Union with the very Divine Essence of the Godhead, so therefore in His Preincarnated State, It was not robbery to think Himself equal with God..

This perhaps explain what it meant to have been in the Form of God..When Jesus Christ emptied Himself, He divested Himself of His God Like form or Appearance..

i.e Judges 13:6

6Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, A man of God came unto me, and his countenance was like the countenance of an angel of God, very terrible: but I asked him not whence he was, neither told he me his name:

The word terrible here is the hebrew word:

yare' which means:

1) to fear, revere, be afraid
    a) (Qal)
    1) to fear, be afraid
    2) to stand in awe of, be awed
    3) to fear, reverence, honour, respect
    b) (Niphal)
    1) to be fearful, be dreadful, be feared
    2) to cause astonishment and awe, be held in awe
    3) to inspire reverence or godly fear or awe
    c) (Piel) to make afraid, terrify

This was the Appearance of the Preincarnated Christ, now this appearance He had post resurrection with John and produced the awe inspiring results here defined:

Rev 1:12-17

12And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

back to Judges 13:10,22

10And the woman made haste, and ran, and shewed her husband, and said unto him, Behold, the man hath appeared unto me, that came unto me the other day.

22And Manoah said unto his wife, We shall surely die, because we have seen God.

This was very true, because as Jesus said to Philip Jn 14:9

9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Sampson's Mother and Father saw the Glorified God Man, Jesus Christ in Union with the Divine Essence, in His preincarnated Glory..remember he said in Jn 17:5

5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

This Glory was witnessed by Sampson's Parents..For they said, we Have seen God..

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

As it regards Christ Jesus emptying Himself as is described in 2 Cor 8:9

9For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

It would be appropriate that He emptied himself of the nature and qualities which He later was recompensed with, when He was Highly Exalted by God. Now it was not the Divine Nature of Jesus Christ that was Highly Exalted, but the human nature or manhood, so therefore, it must be the exalted human nature or manhood that He emptied himself of..for it would be inconsistent for paul to be writing, that the Divine Nature emptied itself, and in turn the human nature was Highly exalted as a reward for His abasement and suffering.

Its a mystery why this scripture 2 Cor 8:9 cannot be understood as supporting the Lord Jesus Christ as a Man Pre-existing in a heavenly rich state, wherein He was indeed rich in glory [Jn 17:5], and so he separated himself from that state, and became poor for our [his body the church] sake, He who was in the glorious form of God, became incarnate, a helpless baby in a manger, a son of a carpenter, for this cannot be said of His Divine nature, that He became poor..

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Jn 6 :38

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

I [Jesus Christ] came down from heaven not to do my own will, but the will of Him that sent me. Now this would be a strange thing to say of Christ, if this meant His Deity, to say, I came not to do my own will ! So this must have been the Humanity of Jesus Christ, being sent to do His Fathers will and not coming to do His Own..

This same manner of speaking we find in Ps 40:8

8I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

This we know refers to the incarnation we learn from Heb 10:5-9

5Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

This Language is proper for Jesus Christ manhood [His human Soul] and not His Deity..

For He would not have had a body prepared for His Deity to die and become a sin offering, but His Soul..Isa 53:10

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin,

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

You are one strange dude, sitting here talking to yourself.

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Preexistence of Jesus Christ, or Christ Jesus

2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

The false teachers of our day, have strayed so far from the Apostles teaching regarding Jesus Christ, so much so, that Jesus Christ own words are being fulfilled, that of Matt 24:23-24

23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

I thank God for election and electing me..

Now back to the preexistence of Christ before the world began.. Now how could grace have been given us [the elect] in Christ Jesus before the world began, if Christ Jesus did not exist before the World began ?

The name Christ [which is the same as the messiah or anointed] implies a connexion of the both the Divine and Human Natures i.e 1 Tim 2:5

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

So grace must have been given us [the elect] in the Man Christ Jesus [ The God Man Mediator] before the World began..

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Firstborn Man

As Adam was first Created a Full Man, not having of childhood, so likewise The Lord Jesus christ, The Second Adam and the Antitype, when begotten in Heaven, He was a Man of full orb and Stature, for his being a child occured only after humbling himself to be made in the form of sinful man through the Incarnation..

The Ancients of Jobs time had heard of this great man being born before the world was made Job 15:7

7Art thou the first man that was born? or wast thou made before the hills?

This reference no doubt refers to this Col 1:15

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

This would be Jesus christ in his begotten manhood before creation, and in fact it was he whom Adam was made like unto, since he Jesus christ would have first had the the image of the Invisible God, for He must have preeminence in all things..Col 1:18

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Take your pick, either earthly adam, or the Heavenly Adam was the First Man created or brought forth in the image of the invisble God..

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Does Don Quixote ever come to your mind???

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

clarification

Though Jesus Christ was the First Begotten Man with a Human Soul pre creation, He was always above a mere creature of any sort, because He was always in Union with the Divine Nature and one with the Word of God, The Eternal Logos Jn 1:1 ..and this oneness gave efficacy to His blood He shed as a Man in the place of many..

11. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member