1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus was a Calvinist?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by superdave, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Ken, On that point I agree with you. I also remind all that Atonement was done once for all, it is a finished, fully completed event. It is not an on-going process.

Atonement does not do away with sin, for even today we all sin and come short of the Glory of God.

Atonement paid the penalty for our sins, sin's penalty is death, Jesus the Son of God died for our sins, and indeed the sins of the whole world. Therefore, sin is not a factor in Salvation because it is already dealt with.

Unbelief is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit because unbelief causes rejection of God. There can be no forgiveness if one rejects the forgiver, God! Atonement DOES NOT equal Forgiveness any more than it equals Salvation. Atonement is strictly the payment of the penalty of sin.

If judgment to life eternal or the second death were based on works, many believers would be cast into the lake of fire, because of their deeds, and many unbelievers would receive eternal life because of their works. However scriptures tell us that salvation (eternal life) is not of works lest anyman should boast. So what does that leave for judgment? the Belief condition of our individual spirits. Those who believe in God, and in Jesus receive salvation. Those who do not believe are cast into the lake of fire.

I do not know how much simpler God could have made his redemption plan for man. God did all the work, and it is up to us to evaluate and choose. The result is belief or unbelief. Choose this day whom you will serve.

2. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

First attempt to post came back with dialog that connection was refused. So I posted again only to find two identical posts.

3. russell55

russell55 New Member

Well, then I guess I am in really deep doo doo..... :eek:

4. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

No, God won't bring you up on a charge of murder, if you haven't been a murderer.

But you (and everyone else) have been an unbeliever. Doesn't that sin of past unbelief have to be dealt with in order for God to be just? How can God simply overlook that previously commited sin without atonement being made for it and still be just? On what grounds can that past sin be overlooked?
    </font>[/QUOTE]No! belief is a condition of the spirit. unbelief is a sin condition of the spirit. It is the condition of the spirit at the judgment that determines our eternal destiny.

When one stops being an unbeliever,there is no long a sin condition of unbelief in that person.

When one becomes a believer, the one has repented from unbelief and the sin of unbelief no longer exists in the one. When we repent from our sins, those sins are no longer held against us so long as we believe in God and his Son. Confession of and repentence from sin also exhonorates from sin for the believer. The unbeliever will not confess to God in whom he has no belief.

5. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Well, then I guess I am in really deep doo doo..... :eek: </font>[/QUOTE]Are you still in "unbelief"? Yes? then Yes you are in deep doo doo.... NO? then you are no longer an unbeliever and the doo doo on your garment has been washed away by the blood of the Lamb of God, and your garment is whiter than snow.