1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus' Will?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by bound, Sep 28, 2008.

1. bound

bound New Member

Did Jesus have a will?

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His nourishment is to do the will of His Father, John 4:34.

Yes, He has a will. His desire is to do the will of His Father.

3. bound

bound New Member

Do you think Jesus was 'really' tempted?

4. skypair

skypair Active Member

As the "son of man," He was tempted. As the Son of God, He knew too much to acquiesce.

skypair

5. bound

bound New Member

Thanks skypair I like that. I was reading Hebrews and I was really struggling to understand the distinctions it makes between Jesus and God in it.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes Jesus left a "will" and new "testament", and the will became in effect on the death of the Testator (Jesus). It is an interesting study.

(Now, continue talking about the OTHER type of "will" - don't you love English?? :) )

7. skypair

skypair Active Member

It goes along with the question "If God is truly omniscient and omnipotent, couldn't God sin?"

The glorious answer is that He could but He knows better then to sin --- and that is how we ourselves will be in glory one day!! If we could "capture" that today in our spirits, our lives would be so abundant! God gave us the "rules" and even, in many cases, the "why nots." But we selfishly go for the momentary titillation that is just a weak, fleeting substitute for the pleasures of the real will of God.

BTW, we ARE living in our eternity today. We can start seeking the pleasures that come from Him instead of those that come from our flesh right now. We CAN experience aspects of our glorification right now, 1Cor 15:38-41, John 17:22 -- "And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:"

skypair

#7 skypair, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2008
  8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If by tempted you mean that He was enticed by His own desires to sin, absolutely not.

But if you mean tested, then yes.