1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jill Carroll freed

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by npc, Mar 30, 2006.

1. npc

npc New Member

Your point? I said I believed her earlier claims, because it was the best information I had at the time. Now I believe her more recent claims.

I'm still curious about where Bro.Curtis's ire over the liberal media and those speculations about conspiracy on her part caim from.

2. Enoch

Enoch New Member

I’m glad she is safe and pray for her recovery.

3. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

well said.
    Faithgirl

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

He was her fiance at the time of her kidnapping - he was with her in their apartment when she was kidnapped.

He came out with a book, "My Search for Patty Hearst" just around the time of her trial.

5. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Revenge is for someone who is already dead, for they feel they have nothing to lose.

Hamas calling for her release was very odd. I wondered why they bothered. I wonder what makes her case so special when put against Nick Berg, Daniel Pearl, or her translator? Did they lose their nerve? Im surprised they didnt just kill her early on and not even claim responsibility, as it is my experience women are commonly viewed as having little value in that area of the world.

Im sure the whole experience is tramatic for her and her comments were something along the lines of how she survived. Her safety and freedom must have taken a little while to sink in.

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They're politicians now, remember ?
    I predict that pretty soon, Hamas will splinter a group from them, which will continue to do acts of terrorism, and will be issuing manifestoes and statements against Hamas on how Hamas has 'betrayed' the Palestinian cause, and how Hamas has become 'reactionary' and 'revisionist'.

So now they (Hamas) are both underground and aboveground.
    If they can't get something through politics, why, they've got their 'denouncers' to do the dirty deed for them.
    Best of both worlds.