1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim Bakker is back!

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben W, Apr 19, 2005.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It does seem that Bakker is returning to his old ways.

I realize two wrongs don't make a right. What I am showing is how the SBC has done the very same thing Bakker did.I have yet to hear much critism of the SBC for what they have done and continue to do--blaming it on someone else and not taking responsibility. The SBC has done a skip on by and let it fly. Bakker has served time in jail. Yet, nobody in the SBC has done any time for their ponzi scheme. So what's the diference between what the leaders of the BFA did working for the SBC and what Bakker did. I see no difference at all. Yet many are quick to condemn Bakker or say what he did was wrong and shun him. But I hear of few who do the same thing to the SBC for their irresponsibility.

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

What I would like to point out with this whole thing, is just how dangerous it is to go for the preaching of the Prosperity Gospel. It is my thoughts that the Prosperity Doctrine is one of Satans best weapons to drive people out of churches and to have the focus in church switched away from Evangalism to building people up with false hopes that God wants them to be blessed with material goods and wealth, when in fact for the Christian, God may well require you to surrender your earthly life at any point. If you love your life, you will lose it, if you put your trust in money and believe that is Gods blessing to you, you will be dissapointed.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree. The prosperity gospel is no gospel at all. It works off of a person's greed and entices them to give more to "get" more. What God wants from us is for us to decrease that He may increase. We are to be filled with the Holy Spirit not ourselves. When we are filled with the Holy Spirit there is no room left for anything else.