1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jimmy Carter --- "The US and Israel Stand Alone"

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by TheWinDork, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

Source

:mad: Grrrrr.... Why can't that stupid peanut farmin' liberal just keep his mouth shut? :mad:

and I suppose he thinks his handling of the Iran Hostage situation was a hallmark performance? Reagan was the one that got them outta there! (of course, he sold arms to get them out, but...:eek:)

Always takin' Potshots at the Fundamentalists.... At least WE really believe in the Word of God, that's more than I can say about the SBC, of which he is a part of, stinkin' Bible denying jack-legged idiot. :mad:

-WTD

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Before calling someone "idiot" and slamming the SBC, perhaps you should check your OWN facts. Carter left the SBC over the issue of its statement about females submitting to their husbands.

Basically, what President Carter said is correct. If you don't like the view in the mirror he his holding up, best to look at one's self before blaming the messenger.

3. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

What a Christlike, non-judgemental post! Jesus would be proud.

I think you just proved Carter's point.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

...and your slamming of my denomination, and calling a former president (not my favorite one either) "idiot"...

...is that congruent with the word of God you say you believe?

You really should think before you post sometimes.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One could probably make a similar case for the coalition between the Godless and the democrat party.

Anyone can speak in broad generalities to make a case for anything.

The thoughts of the appeaser, Carter, do not impress me.

6. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

As a pastor in SBC churches for over 25 years, I take great offense to your assersions that the SBC don't believe the Bible. You have brought a false charge against Christian brothers and sisters who love God's Word and have fought hard to bring the Convention back to its bibilical roots. You should be ashamed and you need to apologize for that which you know nothing of.

As for President Carder, I served in the US Army during his presidency. He was a weak commander and chief, he was horrible with fiscal matters (does anyone remember 20% interest rates?). He was and is wrong with the idea you can pasify or sit down with terrorist. He is a theological liberal who left the SBC, because he viewed it as too conservative. But his statement of faith is that he is a believer in Jesus, so I pray for him, love him, and at times speak against his understanding of things, but never forget he is a brother.

Bro Tony

7. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

You just made Jimmy Carter right. :rolleyes:

CARTER: For three years, I'd say, the major news media in our country were complicit in this subservience to the Bush administration out of fear that they would be accused of being disloyal. I think in the last six months or so some of the media have now begun to be critical. But it's a long time coming.

I do disagree with Jimmy Carter's statement about the media. ABC has been critical of the US in Iraq. For example, in March, 2003, Peter Jennings asked General Tommy Franks, "Do you have enough men to win the peace?" General Franks parried with answers about his preparedness for war. "We have sufficient military capacity to do the job that America's military would be asked to do." "Enough to win the peace?" Peter Jennings asked again. General Franks dodged again, but Peter Jennings pressed again.

In January, 2005, Peter Jennings was in Iraq for the last time and said, "Religious services were always crowded. A man praying on his knees with a weapon on his shoulder is an incongruous sight. In a region where religion is such a motivator, we thought of President Lincoln's remark: 'It's not so much whether God is on our side, but whether we are on God's side.'"

What was about the media being subservient to the Bush administration?

#7 JFox1, Aug 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2006
  8. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

:laugh: and I suppose you call THIS video, Made for one of your Pastors in the SBC, Conservative?

He might be YOUR brother.... But he ain't MY BROTHER!

-WTD

9. Magnetic Poles

So, you don't like a Christian Rap video, therefore you make use of the broad brush fallacy, painting the entire SBC as being like this video. Truly sad. Dork, you owe many on the board an apology.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

WinDork,
    I really do not appreciate you trashing the denomination that God has ordained for me to serve Him.

First of all, you know nothing of Jimmy Carter. He was a weak President, not very good at governing or adminstrating, or carrying out policy, but he is honest, and a true Christian. Whether or not he is in the SBC has nothing to do with the situation.

Your problem could be readily solved with duct tape and a two by four.

11. rbell

rbell Active Member

windork,

A wise poster once said...

12. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

WinDork posted a lot of verses. Here's a relevant piece of that posting.
    Indeed.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting you should mention the "broad brush fallacy". That's what Carter made use of in the OP.

14. Chris L.

Chris L. New Member

Brother, I know your angry, but your comments are playing right into Jimmy Carter's hands, and remember, people like Carter are so liberal and clueless that they probably think men like James Dobson, Pat Robertson and R.C. Sproul are "fundamentalists".

#14 Chris L., Aug 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2006
  15. ehaase

ehaase New Member

I like David Cloud as much as you do, but in many parts of the country, conservative Southern Baptist churches are the only thing available.

16. Chris L.

Chris L. New Member

Does TheWinDork like David Cloud? He sounds more like he listens to the Hyles/Riplinger/Ruckman crew than he does Cloud. David Cloud wouldn't approve of TheWinDork's kind of talk.

ehaase, If at all possible, do what David Cloud suggested to me. Move to where you feel you can best serve the Lord and fellowship with the right church, even if it's in another state.

Is it really that important? Yes, If that's were the Holy Spirit is leading you. Is the situation within the church today really that bad? Yes, I believe it is.

#16 Chris L., Aug 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2006
  17. hill

hill New Member

By their fruits you shall know them. And Jimmy Carter's fruit is rotten to the core. He is willingly selling out Christianity and this nation. He is winner of America's worse President by a landslide. He's willingly, no purposefully trying to destroy a President who's at war, and as such is a traitor and I would bring him up on charges in a heartbeat. If he's a Christian he is absolutely in disguise.

18. Magnetic Poles

Totally ridiculous. I am glad you are not in charge. His fruits? President Carter builds houses for the poor, he helps TRULY spread democracy by working for fair elections in other countries, he does humanitarian and philanthropic work. You may not like his politics, but he has every right to criticize the current president, as do you and I. It is called free speech. I cannot believe any American would want to bring charges against someone exercising that right.

Carter may not have been a great President, but he is a great statesman and humanitarian.

19. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

In another thread Windork made accusations of apostacy and heresey, and when challenged, he remained silent. Instead, he brought the Smitty video over here so he could rant and rave some more.

This makes me wonder if I said, "Knock Knock" to Windork, would he get up and check his front door, or would he at least see THAT was a joke?

More important, though, I wonder why it is that Windork only wants to accuse but does not want to engage in a logical discussion based on fact.

In the other thread, he accused Rick Warren of being a heritic but when shown RW's doctrinal statement, he was silent. Here, he says that Carter is part of the SBC (strange thing for an individual to be a part of a convention of churches, but I digress), yet when told otherwise, that Carter does not consider himself to be part of the SBC, he is silent.

Sounds to me that Windork would prefer just to accuse. Revelation 12:10 has something to say about an accuser and it makes me wonder who Windork is trying to serve.

20. Chris L.

Chris L. New Member

#20 Chris L., Aug 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.