1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jimmy Carter's 2ND

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jun 9, 2008.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/06/09/1126247.aspx

From NBC's Mark Murray

In an interview to air later tonight on Nightly News, McCain tells NBC's Brian Williams that while Obama might criticize him for representing a third Bush term, Obama seems to be running for a second Carter term. Part of the transcript...

Williams: Is it going to be tough to run with an incumbent party for the White House, given this economic backdrop?

McCain: I-- I think it's-- it's tough. But I think the American didn't, people didn't get to know me yesterday. They know me. They know that I have fought for restraining spending, which Senator Obama has been a big part of, with earmarking (UNINTEL) projects. They know that I have been a strong fiscal conservative, and they know I understand the challenges that they face.

They need a little break from-- from their gasoline taxes, and they -- and they know that -- we've got to get spending under control. And we've got to become independent of foreign oil. Sen. Obama says that I'm running for a Bush's third terms. It seems to me he's running for Jimmy Carter's second.

#1 carpro, Jun 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2008
  2. Walguy

Walguy Member

HA, I love it! :laugh:

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And so fitting.

4. Rippon