1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jindal calls Romney's Gift Comment Absolutely Wrong

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Zaac, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Bobby Jindal calls Romney’s ‘gift’ comments ‘absolutely wrong’

Good for him.:applause: And looks like somebody may be pondering future aspirations for 2016.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go INDEPENDENT! :thumbsup:

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jingal is right in what he said. The man is making sense.

4. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

The gift that keeps on giving. After an entire presidential campaign of foot in mouth, Romney delivers again.

5. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romney has a serious case of what I call the Professors Disease. This disease is not restricted to professors. Politicians have little resistance to this disease. Now when you grew up a rich boy, was the CEO of a company, was a governor and then a candidate it is probably impossible not to catch this disease.

What is the disease ... it is the disease of being unable to believe that anything negative in a person's life is that person's fault. After a life of always being told, "yes you are right,"

"yes, you are going to win"

"yes, you can do no wrong, you are a genius"

"yes, yes, yes ..... to anything

Now other yes phrases probable were used, but the result was the disease was caught.

Romney really does not believe that he had anything to do with losing the election. It has to be someone else's fault. That is the story of his life ... "it isn't me, it is someone else who failed me."

Now, after the election he not only is confirming what people had come to believe about him and this continues to strengthen the perception that the GOP does not like the middle class, the poor and single women, his stubborn clinging to his false ideology is dividing the GOP.

Some GOP folk as basically, "Just disappear Mitt." They are right, he needs to disappear, to be quiet. He and others have dug a deep hole for the GOP to climb out of and if they are unsuccessful it will be to the detriment of the country. We need two good, rational political parties to function at our best.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't see it happening CTB. There will remain a Christian remnant in the GOP that is not willing to compromise Biblical principles.

But more and more of those who were supposed to govern themselves by Biblical principles have decided that they must win at all costs. And that will continue to be a GOP with no proverbial soul. As long as that win at all costs mentality remains while turning from Godly principles, the GOP will become more and more irrelevant.

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously Zaac, I do not see either party standing complete on Biblical principles. I see both as backing some principles, but ignoring others. So I really do not see where either can brag.

I realize you alluding to the abortion issue. The GOP talks about that a lot.
    But, to me they are not following Biblical principles, the teachings of Christ when they want to abandon those in our society who are in need.

1-To cut funding that will feed the elderly is wrong.
    2-To cut funding that results in malnutrition of children is wrong
    3-To cut funding that provides housing to the poor and homeless is wrong
    4-To cut funding that helps people buy groceries is wrong

The list could go on. Sure, there will be people who abuse the system. Try to weed them out, but do not punish everyone in need because of the guilt of the few.

Remember from Matthew the scene of the last judgment is about how we treated the living. Christ showed compassion to those in need and that is our example to follow IMHO.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Actually I wasn't alluding to the abortion issue but the who we worship issue. The GOP showed during this last election cycle that it does not REALLY believe that matters if ignoring that belief is what it takes to win and get what they want.

That's the win at all costs mentality to which I was referring. There will remain a remnant that holds steadfast to Christ and the things of Christ. The GOP has sold its soul and will continue to take a win at all costs approach and more and more new voters will shy away from it.

I for one don't see how the GOP can talk about abortions while supporting a man whose faith is leading millions to an eternal lake of fire. Is their concern only about babies?

And the problem with cutting the funding to any of those items that you listed is that the Body isn't stepping up to take its rightful place as the one filling that gap.

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have gotten a bit off topic here. But I agree with you. In fact, no party is really Christian and far too many politicians use Christianity as a means of gathering votes when, in truth, they do not live a Christian life at all. This is not restricted to either party. It is not hard to find politicians who have preached family values and then they themselves were caught in activities that violated what they had been preaching.

That said, and back to the OP, the GOP has a huge job ahead of climbing out of the hole they have dug and fallen into. And, as I have said, I hope they do so for we need two good parties in our system for it to work in an good way, but it must include everyone in the society without demonizing select groups.

10. targus

targus New Member

What part of Romney's comments were wrong?

Obama didn't give out stuff to his base with our tax dollars to ensure their vote?

Really?:rolleyes:

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Well, Obama gave them stuff and Romney was planning to give people stuff too. The "how it would be meted out plan" was just different.

12. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw Targus' comment only because I read your reply to him. I see he continues his inane comments.

Actually Romney was in no position to give voters anything with tax dollars as he was not in office. Also, he certainly indicated that he was going to take away what little they already had and redistribute the wealth upward to the rich.

Obama did not appropriate funds from tax payers for his campaign. Was not possible. This is just a myth the out-of-touch folk had added to their out-of-touch ideology. Some will never change as they cannot admit they have made a mistake.

As long as they keep it up the GOP will continue its decline among the voters.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yeah my reference was to Romney giving his "stuff" if he became President in the form of tax breaks, etc.,

Somebody is always giving stuff. Some folks just don't want others to be the recipient of said stuff.:laugh: But they're okay if they are on the receiving in.

14. targus

targus New Member

What's the point in being on Crabby's ignore list if he is going to respond anyway?

I see that Crabby's reading comprehensions skills are still lacking.

15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Romney would have given presents to the rich. There are a lot more poor folks.