1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Job an example of great suffering:

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Matt22:37-39, May 22, 2013.

1. awaken

awaken Active Member

My mother did not believe in the manifestation of the Holy Spirit was for today! But we are getting off the OP!

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

And there it is! The gospel that says if you don't have enough faith, you won't be healed.

Tell that to the lame man.

Acts 3
    3 Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the ninth hour, the hour of prayer. 2 And a man who had been lame from his mother’s womb was being carried along, whom they used to set down every day at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, in order to beg alms of those who were entering the temple. 3 When he saw Peter and John about to go into the temple, he began asking to receive alms. 4 But Peter, along with John, fixed his gaze on him and said, “Look at us!” 5 And he began to give them his attention, expecting to receive something from them. 6 But Peter said, “I do not possess silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you: In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene—walk!” 7 And seizing him by the right hand, he raised him up; and immediately his feet and his ankles were strengthened. 8 With a leap he stood upright and began to walk; and he entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.

Where was his faith to be healed? Peter saw his need and met it. If faith healers of today were real, that is exactly what they would do.

3. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

What other examples are there of those who were given more than they lost in the bible?...not many. look at Paul, John The Baptist, John beloved disciple of Jesus and others....suffered the whole time while in ministry

4. Matt22:37-39

:thumbsup:

5. Matt22:37-39

I'LL TAKE IT A STEP FURTHER....It was the lame man's FRIENDS FAITH that healed the lame man...so why didn't AWAKEN'S and his friends faith heal his mother?

Mark 2

2 And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house.

2 And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.

3 And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.

4 And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.

5 When Jesus saw THEIR FAITH, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

6 But there was certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,

7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

8 And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?

9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?

10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)

11 I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.

12 And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.

6. awaken

awaken Active Member

He had faith or he would have never stood up!

7. awaken

awaken Active Member

THe man stood up! IF he did not have faith...he would not have stood up!

8. awaken

awaken Active Member

Again! I have never said we will not suffer persecution!

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point is that a real gift to heal always would heal....

And the man heale din Acts stood up, that was the result of his healing, and his faith had no part in the healing, as he was expected money!

10. awaken

awaken Active Member

Really? Peter said "Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none" The man knew he had NO MONEY!

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Do you read the Bible?????

Acts 3:7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ancle bones received strength.

Peter LIFTED HIM UP!!!!

The man wanted money. He did NOT expect to be healed!

12. awaken

awaken Active Member

Peter told him that he had no money before he was lifted up! He allowed Peter to lift him!

13. awaken

awaken Active Member

Do you?
    Acts 3:16: "By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see."

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the man had NO faith in jesus, so that was the power of jesus physically healing Him!

15. awaken

awaken Active Member

Acts 3:16: "By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see."
    So are you saying Jesus had faith in himself? Or did the man that was healed have faith to be made strong!

16. Matt22:37-39

Two different lame men...this one says he was HEALED due his FRIENDS faith...just like Jesus healed the little girl who was dying due to her DADS faith

17. Matt22:37-39

so why didn't YOUR faith AWAKEN heal your mother?

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FOLKS -- in the name of decency, let's leave relatives out of this, what do you say?

Yes, our God is a covenant God; but this thought that Job was "outside of the covenant" doesn't make any sense. For example, the covenant was always through blood; and Abel's sacrifice, well before Job, was perfectly acceptable in God's eyes.

If we think Job pre-dates Noah, then Job falls under the same conditions that Abel and the other descendents of Adam fell under -- which included blood sacrifices. If we think that Job came after Noah, then we have to consider that Noah continued the blood sacrifices, and therefore Job was simply following what had been proscribed since well before his birth--falling under the same conditions that Abel and the other descendents of Adam fell under.

Look, I'll readily admit I'm no theologian; and I'll happily allow someone with more schooling educate me. But I don't understand how you're saying Job was outside of the covenant that had existed since Adam.

Further, you didn't answer my question about a "warped conception of who God is". Would you please provide further clarification of what you're saying there?

19. awaken

awaken Active Member

THe man himself had faith too! He stood up!
    So you are saying that Jesus only heals when SOMEONE has faith?

20. Matt22:37-39

I think using an example of a relative is just fine... AWAKEN open the door for the discussion and this is MY THREAD then all is fair....I mean if one is going to preach that the "gift" of healing is for today, yet within that own persons circle God does not heal....then isn't that what God will use to reveal His truth to someone?...you can't have it both ways.

Not saying God doesn't heal today, just not in the way He did in before the bible was completed and the Apostles died out.

Just saying!