1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Joel 2

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by awaken, Mar 26, 2013.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I will pour...
    That does not say: "I will make available."
    Why are you changing the Scripture to make it fit your theology.
    You can't take the Bible for what it says because it doesn't fit your paradigm, your way of thinking, or even the entire Charismatic movement. It defeats it.

2. awaken

awaken Active Member

Well, you can pour out water...but you can not make anyone drink it!

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I will pour out my spirit on all flesh.
    Either he did or he didn't.
    He did not do that, did he?
    It is not a matter of availability or offering it.
    It is a matter of truthfulness, and if it happened.
    It didn't happen; it will sometime in the future.
    Why do you continue to make the Scriptures lie in order that you might believe a lie?

4. awaken

awaken Active Member

So When this future event happens...explain by scriptures what will happen.

Because In Acts 2 it shows what happen when the Holy Spirit was poured out UPON them!

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you hold to the latter Day rain doctrine, that God in 1905 started to restore his church back to the Apsotolic days?

6. awaken

awaken Active Member

I do not believe God ever intended the apostles to end in the church!

7. awaken

awaken Active Member

Joel is prophesying to the entire Church Age. Why do some say that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and Gifts are not for today, when the apostles' doctrine and the prophet Joel declares that it is for the "last days." (Acts.2:17, 42 / Eph.2:20-22)

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    have the modern Apostles ever recorded reveltion of god, or spoke them?

have they seen the risen christ and been commissioned by him?

Can you name just ONE of them for today among us?

9. awaken

awaken Active Member

This has already been addressed!

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you name even just 1?

11. awaken

awaken Active Member

How many times do I have to answer your same question over and over? Personally I do not know an apostle! But that does not disprove scripture!
    I have never met Jesus Christ face to face either...but my Bible tells me he is real and that he was born of a virgin, died for my sins, rose from the grave and is coming back again!

I believe scripture!

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I believe scripture too.
    Scripture doesn't explicitly say that He didn't ride around in a pink Cadillac, so I can believe that if I want. It does not disprove scripture as you say. Your logic is very interesting to say the least.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No he isn't. It was a partial fulfillment. Most of his message was directed right toward the Jews and is not applicable to us at all.
    The prophecies in verses 19-20 were never fulfilled:

Acts 2:19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
    20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

Peter was saying that these promises would only be fulfilled if Israel as a nation would repent. But we know they didn't.
    Skip to Peter's second sermon in Acts 3

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
    20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
    21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

The same command as Acts 2:38 is given here--repent. It is likely that Peter is saying to the leaders of Israel that had Israel repented God's kingdom would have come to earth.
    Acts 3:21 whom the heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, whereof God spake by the mouth of His holy prophets that have been from of old. (ASV)
    --The word "restore" here is the same word used in 1:6. Both times they anticipate the restoration of the kingdom to Israel.

Mat 17:11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
    --The concept of restoration parallels regeneration when it is used off the kingdom:

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
    Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

What will this kingdom be like which will come after the Second Coming?
    At the Great and Terrible day of the Lord?

Isa 65:17-25 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. 18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. 19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. 20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. 21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. 22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. 23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them. 24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. 25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Then, and only then, will he pour out his Spirit on ALL flesh.

14. awaken

awaken Active Member

Your logic and discussion of scriture is offensive to the Word itself!
    I do not know why I even reply to this????
    At least apostles are IN THE BIBLE! Your "pink Cadilac" is in your own private bilbe, I quess???:tongue3:

15. awaken

awaken Active Member

The Holy Spirit was poured out that day!
    Acts 1:5 describes it!
    Acts 1:8 explains what would happen!
    Acts 2 demonstrates it!
    Acts 2:14-21 Peter says after pointing out that they were not drunk ...So he was pointing out what was manifesting through the disciples was not drunkeness but the Holy Spirit that Joel prophesied about!

What do you consider the last days?

16. awaken

awaken Active Member

The devout Jews were celebrating the sign.
    They "were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying...what meaneth this?" (Acts.2:12)
    Others "mocking said, These men are full of new wine." (Acts.2:13)

The disciples were celebrating the reality. (The fulfillment, completion) Peter stood up and said, "This is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel..." (Acts.2:17)

(Joel.2:28-32)
    And "I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call."

These are future events...
    #1..The Sun does not turn into darkness and the Moon to blood until the sixth seal. (Rev.6:12) Future to us today!
    #2...The "day of Pentecost, was not the great and terrible day of the Lord. (Joel.2:28-32)

Peter was in the beginning of the last days.
    The Sun will turn into darkness and the Moon into blood during the opening of the seven seals, towards the end of the last days.

Peter (by the inspiration of God 2Tim.3:16-17) is now interpreting Pentecost to be the reality of Joel's Word.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The "last days" of verse 17 began with the birth of Christ.
    The audience that Peter is addressing is a Jewish audience and most of what he says is applicable to them, and not us.

Here he says:
    Acts 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
    --The great and notable day of the Lord, is the Second Coming where He comes for the Jews and then sets up his Kingdom, the one originally offered to the Jews. It is mentioned here, and again in more detail in chapter three and in many places throughout the OT.

That the Jews made fun or mocked the disciples is of no consequence. Ungodly people will always make a mockery of Godly events. That has no bearing on what was actually happening. You can't prove the true by the false.

The same is true here:
    2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
    --There will always be scoffers, scoffing at the things of the Lord. They don't prove the truths of God.

18. awaken

awaken Active Member

You miss the point again! It is not about the scoffers...it was about what Peter explained about what they were seeing...the prophecy of Joel coming to pass!

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    some of it was fulfilled at that time among the hearing jews, much of it will be fulfilled in the end of days, right before the "great and terbile day of the Lord", and will also continue intot he Millinium!

To have Joel be addressed to us, either jesus came back, or else we are now int he Millinium, do you believe either has happened?