1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured John 6:44

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by mandym, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Agreed.
    Yes, it is my position that all are drawn, because that is exactly what scripture says.

Jhn 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
    OK.
    Only if you completely ignore Jesus's own words in John 12:32.

No, they have the ability, they just do not use it. Just as three men were given talents (money), two used their money and earned more, one hid his money and did not use it.
    Your only necessity is to make scripture fit your doctrine. If you did not believe in Calvinism, you would not have the least difficulty in believeing all are drawn as John 12:32 says.
    I would disagree, I believe you are trying to make scripture fit Calvinism, but it does not.
    I'll be waiting.

2. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

have to add to that the Holy spirit also would be enabling by His own act one to have state able to hear and respond by faith!

3. Forest

Forest New Member

If you would make all scripture harmonise, then you would have to consider John 3:14-15 in reference to John 12:32. The "all men" in John 12:32 is pertaining to all that believe, and not all mankind.