1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured John Calvin and missions

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Aug 15, 2013.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    James,

I am alarmed that you do not choose to engage, but desire only to make snide remarks that have little foundation.

If anyone should show the lack of mission fervor among Calvinistic thinkers, I would have surmised it to be you.

Can you demonstrate conclusively that mission work and personal witness by Calvinistic thinking folks has not been one of the hallmarks of the history?

Perhaps you have evidence that those who were Calvinistic thinking missionaries were engaged in nothing but fraud and perversion.

There is that you need to understand - which addresses more directly your gripe.

That discussions of theological views disputing or supporting calvinism as opposed to arminianism are assigned to that forum.

That discussions of a thread in which a topic is NOT theological of supporting calvinism as opposed to arminianism are NOT assigned to that forum.

NOT ALL discussions that mention calvinism or arminianism will be moved to that forum.

It is when a comparison between the two as far as doctrine comparisons are made that the move occurs.

Unless I have read the actions of the moderators wrongly, I don't expect this thread to be pushed to the other forum.

But then, as the posts continue - who knows?

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would love to but think he is not being truthful. His posts sicken me, (but only in about 99% of what he writes).

Last week a poster asked me to ban him. He was tired of spending too much time and energy here and the easiest way to stop this was to have the "system" automatically ban him from participation.

His choice since he had done nothing "ban-able". If Dr Ach is serious, he should ask and I'd oblige.

(BTW, the easiest way to stop posting here is to change password to a long set of letters (write it down). Verify the change. Then throw away the paper. Log out and <voilà> you cannot log back in again.

Try it. :saint: )

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

He just enjoys the attention. Ignore feature works wonders for me. I see only the posts of his that I choose to click on- against my better judgment, I might add. :laugh:

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I have a pretty good sized library of missionary and pastor biographies. They are all boxed up right now due to moving, but I have probably 30-40 different ones.

Reading those was one of the reasons I became open to the doctrines of grace, as I saw that the men who had the strongest heartbeat for missions were those of that persuasion. In addition, there was the influence of some godly men on this board (pastors and missionaries alike) who nurtured my hunger for the truth.

Anyone who claims "Calvinism kills missions" is speaking of a variety of "C" that I have never encountered here.