1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Dominic Crossan on The Passion

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Forever settled in heaven, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Forever settled in heaven

2. vaspers

vaspers New Member

Hey Fsih, you can't even summarize what he says? You always have interesting posts and I'm very appreciative of your comments on actually seeing the "P" movie. You really shocked me with some of those observations, that so many many "top Christian leaders" including many I used to respect highly, now I'm concerned about, have said in their exuberant praise of MG's monstrosity of a movie.

3. Forever settled in heaven

Thx bro, but i'm more shocked at the censorship that's going around! i had my posting deleted on one forum becos the moderator assumed that i was unspiritual, hateful, n hadn't seen the movie.

i wonder if those flattering evangelical leaders on the P bandwagon wld find it satisfying if Mel became like one of them, an ecumenical Romanist rather than a Traditional one. i have little doubt, tho, that Mel wld be satisfied w getting his investment back the 1st week of opening! ;)

4. Kiffin

Kiffin New Member

I could not follow the link but I do know that John Dominic Crossan is one of the most notorious heretics of modern times. He is a false teacher and a well known enemy of Holy Scripture. Crossan lecturing or writing a book on Jesus is like David Duke writing a book on Martin Luther King Jr. Beware of anything Crossan writes or says. He and other Liberal Bible "Scholars" (I use that term loosely :( ) Marcus Borg, John Shelby Spong are enemies of the Gospel of Christ.

5. Forever settled in heaven

like i said, i normally don't agree w heretics! :D

perhaps if the moderators allow me to, i'd be glad to do a cut n paste ... hmm, doesn't it say somewhere that we're allowed to paste stuff for critique purposes?

any Mods care to comment?

6. Forever settled in heaven