1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Edwards

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

2. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Yeah, how do ya like that answer. "Not there yet". Talk about hedging your bet. I really dont know why he keeps on wasting his time and money trying to be the most powerful man in the world. The guy is a wimp.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would have been encouraged if hwe had said I'm not quite there yet and never will be.

As it is, it sounds like his biblical principles may depend on political expedience.

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

one of the conservative talk shows last week stated that Edwards is building a palatial home in an area he clear cut, in spite of laws forbidding that. It will be the most expensive, lavish home in the area. While I don't condone or condemn it, it seems a bit disingenuous, given his political stance concerning the poor, and redistribution of wealth.

6. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Not to mention his contribution to "global warming" by cutting down all those trees. Its typical liberal "do as I say, not as I do".

7. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

As far as democratic Candidates go he is the best one on the market. Unfortunately he, like them all, hasn't yet learned that excessive taxes on bussines and real estate slows the economy.

8. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

He lives in a 6 million dollar house while bemoaning two Americas. I would like to live in his America for a while, because he is certainly not living in mine.

9. ncsugrad

ncsugrad New Member

Probably so, but don't let his "aw shucks" attitude toward some of the issues fool you. By the way, he's one fellow NC State grad that I don't claim.

Speaking of his houses and property... http://www.newsobserver.com/643/story/537175.html

10. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

11. ncsugrad

ncsugrad New Member

Ha-ha-ha!!! I had forgotten about that! Good job! :laugh: :applause:

12. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Yeah, this video is almost as bad as the one where GW Bush gave the camera the finger..

When will people learn...

Jamie

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I heard on the radio thismorning that Roberts is also running for office with a pledge to increase income taxes.

14. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

And his house and wealth is different than any other running for POTUS how?

It's a sad fact that it takes money to become President. Everyone that is running, or has ran, or has become President, is rich.

Jamie
    Isn't America great, where you can work and get rich!

15. ncsugrad

ncsugrad New Member

I agree it's no different. That atricle just came to mind when a poster mentioned his $6mil home.

Hey, I live near Raleigh and I'm just tired of hearing about the guy. I mean, if Edwards has a cold the TV stations around here let us know about it. :BangHead:

16. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Yea, I can relate. It's only 2006 and we are already looking at 2008 The political process is getting earlier and earlier each term..

Before you know it, nothing will get done in Washington because they're all out trying to get elected again... OH wait.. That has already happened years ago!

BTW, I lived in Raleigh for 7 years before I moved up here to NH. I am looking to make the move back home (NC) in a few years.

Raleigh was/is a great city!

Jamie
    Give me some Cup O' Joes coffee anytime of the day!