1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Hagee theology

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Grasshopper, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Thermodynamics

Theology aside, Hagee is a scam artist. I read once that he was selling pages from a 1611 Edition AV Bible to his viewers for over $5000 per page. The true market value of such a page is about $200-$500. That alone tells me all I need to know about Mr. Hagee.

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

So what? Whats wrong with that? They are our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Not all "Pentacostals" are "Word of Faithers" you know.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Source for that? I'm not the president of the John Hagee fan club, but accusations as serious as this should be supported.

4. Thermodynamics

Source: http://www.greatsite.com/ancient-rare-bible-leaves/king-james-1611-leaf.html

"We offer these 1611 King James Pulpit Folio First Edition Bible Leaves for considerably less than the “$5,000 each” that both Pat Robertson’s 700 Club and John Hagee Ministries have been selling them for on National Television for many years!"

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

To promote an ecstatic feeling in people by working them up into a frenzy and repeating a chorus over and over is wrong. On TV you do not see that part.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Doesn't that happen in many churches Baptist today; seven verses sung eleven times or vice versa?

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I actually heard him preach in person one time at a larger Baptist church in the local area. In the sermon, I did not hear anything that was out of the way, or any concept like that on the video clip, but know very little about him, as I do not watch him on TV.

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I heard him preach in his own church in San Antonio and it was very different than what I expected and saw on TV.

9. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since Mr. Hagee is not a Baptist, this thread properly belongs elsewhere.

10. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

I did watched John Hagee on T.V. cable at TBN channel several times years ago. That was his own boast and pride himself. His church is a mega church. He makes lot of money to draw people being attratc on him. One time, I saw one of his program, his sermon was about on diet. But, he's hyprocrite himself that he is FAT!!

I haven't watch him for long time. I don't pay attention at him, because he preaching false doctrines and his pride. Let God take care of him.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

11. zrs6v4

zrs6v4 Member

I dont know much about Hagee, but I would like to add another beware I have put together from watching TBN.

John Hagee had Jesse Duplantis preach in his church and I have heard Jesse Duplantis rant and rave on Benny Hinn. Dont get me started on Kenneth Coplan... I simply wanted to throw out a caution with 95% of the preachers on this station. many of these teachers are somehow linked from what I have found by careful listening.

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Duplantis, Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyer, Rod Parsley, and others are all Word-Faith teachers. There are some good articles exposing these teachings on the internet.

13. zrs6v4

zrs6v4 Member

i wrote a paper on the WOF in school... very sad stuff and horrible false teaching to say the least

14. bywayside

bywayside New Member

Is anything on the up and up on TBN...? From what I have seen not really.