1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Hagee, what do you think of him?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jun 25, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I have only seen him once where his message was okay.
    Is he a word of faith christian? I hope not. :confused:
    He has a tape series on prayer. I wonder if it's worth getting it.
    He talks about hindrances of prayer and how to pray to get what you pray for and so on.

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I'm not sure if John Hagee is word of faith or not, but he has missed the mark on the nation of Israel. He thinks the Jews have their own way to God and everyone else has another way to God. That is a false teaching.

He does appear with word of faith teachers from time to time, but that doesn't automatically make him one. He like all others should be listened to with discernment.

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Oh, you mean this dual covenant stuff...
    But what if God really deals with them differently because they are jews?

4. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Not sure if it is dual coventant or not, I've never studied it. But the Bible lays out that everyone now has to go throw the death and shed blood of Jesus Christ, and the Jews are no different. If they want to experience eternal salvation they will have to go through Jesus. No exceptions.

5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Yes, but what if jews can also accept Jesus after dying?

6. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Hagee hangs out with the word of faith crowd for seminars and conventions, but he does preach some "right-on" sermons. I think the other thing you are talking about is dispensationalism ~~ that God isn't finished with the Jews. As of right now, in the church age, there is neither Jew nor Greek (Gentile), slave nor free.......etc........ Everyone needs the Savior, and whosoever will may come.

7. Jack Lavictoire

Jack Lavictoire New Member

Ummm... I guess he never asked the good Lord to help him lose all that weight huh! I mean really, wouldn't you ask for good health if you could receive whatever you wanted out of prayer?

The man is a fake... It's all about money! I've had the good pleasure or should I say the misfortune of seeing his preaching and I assure you he's not preaching the Gospel. He says that the jews can enter in without Christ! They have a name for that kind of preaching but as you know it's not biblical.

Stay as far as you can from T.V. evangelist - Period! :praying:

8. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

G12 I would disagree with this in that we do not become neither Jew nor Greek until we have experience salvation by grace through faith. Until that point we are still either Jew or Greek (Gentile). We do not become part of the one new man in Christ until salvation.

But I would agree that all are in need of faith in the substitutionary death and shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God. All must be seen through the blood or else they will continue to be spiritually dead.

I don't know that I would go as far as saying he is a fake. I'm not sure what you mean by that anyway? Do you mean he is faking the fact of being a Christian?

I would agree that he has some false teachings and one should be extremely careful when listening to him, but I don't know that I would go as far as saying he is unsaved?

9. drfuss

drfuss New Member

First of all, I don't care for John Hagee's preaching style.

I listened to one complete sermon of his on TV because his opening statement was "I can garrantee God will heal you if you do seven things".

He covered six things all of which we should be doing anyway. The seventh thing was "That you believe it is God's will that you will be healed". The problem was the healing was not according to God's will, but depended only on what you did or believed.

It was a classic "name it, claim it" sermon. If you were not healed, it was because you didn't do those other six good things good enough. I don't remember the other six things, but they were things like forgiveness, committment, love, etc.

When we walk by faith, we trust God whether it is His will to heal us or not. The healing is not up to us.

10. Daisy

Daisy New Member

John Hagee is lots of fun if you like pro-wrestling - that is, if you like watching fake things knowing they're fake.

11. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Oh boy...

seems like Hagee is just like these blab it grab it preachers... :rolleyes:

Let me guess, supposing Hagee gets sick and is not healed then it's not a normal disease, then it's an attack from Satan.... :rolleyes:

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

John Haggee is the same as any pastor in America. You take the meat and spit out the bones! To call him a "fake" is personal opinion only and not based from Scripture. You take the good and leave the bad.

13. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I think American christianity is something you only find in America. :laugh:

Seriously, it kinda makes me sick when I hear christians in my house meeting repeat exactly the same thoughts which these American TV evangelists have because they also read their books. This way this whole blab it grab it stuff spreads all across the world. Isn't this scary? :(