1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Kerry: Democrats’ woes stem from uninformed voters

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 25, 2010.

1. North Carolina Tentmaker

Paul - thought you were very funny, knew it was a gag right after I read "Middle School."

Back to the real topic. What is ironic to me is that Kerry blames uniformed people, but it is the democrats who are running missinformation and spin instead of the facts. It is the democrats who have failed to live up to the promise of "transparency" and seem to be trying to put one over on everyone.

The truth is that the downfall of the democrats is coming because of informed citizens.

2. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Most of the gag is true. I was actually at the the top of my middle school gifted class. I really did read DOS for Dummies in 1996 when I was six years old. I still have the book somewhere. Those 5-1/4" floppy disks have dates that I wrote on them from back then so that's how I know when I did it. I did read a book on the Uniform Commercial Code in elementary school. I selected real things to be funny, and then added a huge dose of elitism and made up stuff about going to work in the morning and not meeting anyone as smart as I am. In truth, I don't actually think I'm "better" than anyone. I'm not an elitist at all in reality. I just enhanced real things to make satire.

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I bought it hook, line and sinker. You got me.

peace to you:praying:

4. targus

targus New Member

Ditto. :laugh: :wavey:

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

#25 webdog, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2010
  6. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Isn't there a proverb that says, "Better people to think you are a fool than to open your mouth and prove it." i"m not willing to call Senator Kerry a fool but when he opens his mouth it speaks volumes about him and more so about the people who voted for him.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That's because, overall, he meant every word.

8. North Carolina Tentmaker

Oh come on, I don't think I'm better than everyone else, I just think I'm better than you.

:tongue3:

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It might be great that you have advance info in ONE area. But this made me think about a letter to the Stars and Stripes some 30 years ago. A writer was complaining about the promotion system for the Army. When I was in DA used a point system. You could receive up to 100 points for civilian education (I suppose a BA would give you 100 points) and up to 100 points for military education. Well, the writer complained that since he had more education than the one hundred points provide, why couldn't he use "military education points" to utilize for extra points. He missed the entire point. Yes, civilian ed is important, but military ed can be of more use when on the battlefield. Many a 2nd Lt's never came home from Vietnam- and it wasn't because of enemy fire.

Bottom line, be grateful for the knowledge you have, but there are probably many areas you may need an expert - such as a repairman....

Reminds me of a joke - a repairman come to repair an appliance. All he has to do is replace a $5 part in the refrigerator. The owner objected to the $50 service charge. So the repairman says, give me $5 and you can put it in. When you call me back, I will have to charge twice the amount because I will have to clean up the mess you will make....