1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Kerry's Katrina Aid Finally Arrives

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 13, 2005.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    New Orleans is of course empty, it's citizens scattered.

http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/12/111626.shtml

Monday, Sept. 12, 2005 11:11 a.m. EDT
    John Kerry's Katrina Aid Arrives Late

Billionaire Democratic Sen. John Kerry has finally sent his own aid package to hurricane-ravaged New Orleans more than two weeks after the storm hit - and a week after most of the city had been successfully evacuated by the Bush administration.

Kerry traveled to New Orleans on Monday aboard a UPS Boeing 757 loaded with 5,000 bottles of baby formula, 5,000 pairs of sneakers and an array of cleaning supplies, the Associated Press said.

"Everything that any of us can do is so welcome, and it provides just a little bit of help at an extraordinary time," the Massachusetts Democrat told the AP.
    But rather than pay for the aid using his wife's ketchup fortune - which the Los Angeles Times estimated last year at over a billion dollars - Kerry's aid package was donated by Boston's Children's Hospital, the New England Shelter for Homeless Veterans and the New Balance sneaker company.

UPS donated the plane, the flight crew and fuel, trucks and drivers to transport the goods to Logan International Airport and then to disperse them to Baton Rogue and Lafayette, La.

It's not clear what, if anything, Sen. Kerry paid for.

2. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it wasn't so sad, it would belong in the humor thread.

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I don't necessarily believe anything you say about John Kerry. You are blind with hatred.

4. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Terry, that is something I will never understand. John Kerry has essentially left the scene, yet there is always a story about him in the "conservative" realm.

Here is another bizarre fact, but makes a great game to play at work: tune in to Rush Limbaugh and see how long it takes him to make a reference to Bill Clinton.

A sincere hope that you and your family are being showered with God's Blessings and Providence,
    BiR

5. bapmom

bapmom New Member

so he says this one thing and he is "blind with hatred", but the entire thread on "Bush cronyism" is just pure objectivity?

hmmm, seems like a double standard

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

And no one on this Forum Hates Bush, by edict of the moderators.

7. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Hi bapmom,

Not at all, John Kerry lost the election. That is a fact. John Kerry is pretty much out of the mainstream news. That too is a fact. I don't really see him on television anymore. Yet, here is a story at NewsMax about him. Had this not been posted, Kerry would have gone largely unnoticed. Note that they identify him as a billionaire, yet they seemingly chide him for not spending any of his wife's money. :confused:

Then this statement is made:
    :confused:
    Why was this written? Are they doubting his sincerity? Are they questioning his motives? I would like to think that they are just reporting the news, but these last few sentences cast doubt upon that.

Regards to you too, bapmom, hope all is well,
    BiR

8. bapmom

bapmom New Member

BIR,

as you obviously do too, I regard almost everything the media prints with suspicion.....no matter who it is written about.

Best regards to you as well!

=)

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems like an obvious attempt by Kerry to get some attention focused on him.

Time for a little grandstanding.

Wonder if he brought his swift boat with him to cruise the watery "canals" of New Orleans? [​IMG]

10. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Oh, please, what is the big deal? Why is anybody questioning anyone's aid to the victims of Katrina? For all we know Kerry waited until things calmed to some degree in NO, so that he could slip under the radar. For that matter, who is to say he didn't wait so that people WOULDN'T make a political spectacle out of it, (i.e., Kerry brought aid when Bush and FEMA wouldn't). Nobody questioned when Al Gore showed up at NO airport to take hospital evacuees to different medical facilities. Nobody questioned Dr. Phil when he spearheaded a "town hall" meeting at the Astrodome for his TV show, or when Oprah showed up with supplies and cameras for a segment of her show. Not to mention that her Angel Network gave a 1,000,000 donation, not her. What is the hang up with Kerry? Once again, who are we to question anyone's motives?

(For the record, I am NOT saying that Bush and FEMA would not supply aid.)

11. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

See Filmproducer, I told you you were a Democrat. [​IMG]

12. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

[​IMG]

No, I just don't really see the point. :rolleyes:

Aid is aid. C'mon the Democratics and Republicans have more important things to bicker about. (At least from my "neutral" standpoint) [​IMG]

13. Grimlock Prime

Grimlock Prime New Member

:confused:
    Why was this written? Are they doubting his sincerity? Are they questioning his motives?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yes. And anyone that has taken an objective look at this man's life would too.

14. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Would you take money for an important mission for your church if the donation came from a group of prostitutes?

Maybe that is how some people see him. *shrugs*

15. Grimlock Prime

Grimlock Prime New Member

Sean Penn could use a new boat. Maybe they can share. If their publicity staff can all fit on one boat. :D

16. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] @Grimlock. Good one!

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]
    Kerry Demands Silver Star for Piloting Swift Boat Through New Orleans

'WASHINGTON, DC --- John Kerry contacted the Pentagon today to request a Silver Star for a recent swift boat mission he ran through the streets of New Orleans. While the Pentagon claims the mission was unauthorized, Kerry claims it was a secret mission approved by the highest levels of the government.
    "I clearly remember listening to the radio and hearing President Bush deny that swift boats were in New Orleans," said Kerry. "And there I was on a swift boat in New Orleans. Dodging bullets. Scanning the shore for enemy fire and mortar attack. The band aid on my hand covers a wound I received while moving too quickly on deck for a photo op and scraping against the railing." :D

18. here now

here now Member

19. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WAA-HOO-O-O-O-O-O-O!!!!! [​IMG] :D [​IMG]

20. Daisy

Daisy New Member

He rescued about 40 people. That's nothing to sneer at.

What have Mike DeWine & George Voinovich contributed?