1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Maxwell, input please

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by BroShane, Mar 23, 2006.

1. BroShane

BroShane New Member

I do not know a lot about John Maxwell, but many other pastors I know think highly of him. What little I do know about him, and what I have read of him, just doesn't seem to sit quite right with me. I can't pin point it, but it just doesn't. So far I can put some of it on my verly-cautious nature, but I haven't had enough tme to really research him or his teachings.

Again, please understand that I know very little and have read very little. I am not saying he isn't on the up-and-up, I just don't know quite yet. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

If you want to be a leader in a Godly way and want some instruction from an experienced leader in both the corporate world and as a former pastor, he is the man. His insights are true and biblical. I have his leadership bible and highly recommend it. The Laws of Leadership and Qualities of Leadership books are tremendous helps to growing as a Godly leader. He also has a book out, I cannot remember the title, that teaches how to learn leadership from the mistakes that you make. I highly recommend anything by him.

Here is his website, I subscribe to his e-newletter, good stuff. Here it is: http://www.maximumimpact.com/

Enjoy

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some good simple ideas that are spelled out well
    Great salesman

Rob

4. All about Grace

All about Grace New Member

Maxwell has some valuable wisdom on leadership. The 25 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership is a MUST read for anyone serious about effective leadership.