1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Mccain Not Eligible To Be President?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by betterthanideserve, Feb 2, 2008.

1. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

John McCain,born in the PANAMAL CANAL ZONE is not a "native born " citizen and therefore not eligible to be president.
    Since he has sworn an oath to support and defend the US CONSTITUTION he should withdraw from the race for president.............

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess some people just search for reasons to be wrong.

You better do some more research.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Amazing, ain't it?

4. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Carpro is correct, you better check you facts concerning who is or isn't a U.S. citizen.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the time, the CZ was a US territory. In addition, his father was there on official military orders, therefore he would be considered natural born.

Besides, if it wasn't legal, one of the other Rep candidates would have brought it up

6. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It wouldn't matter if he were born in Zimbabwe. He was born to American citizens, and that makes him a natural-born citizen of the United States.

The constitution says nothing about being born within the geographical confines of the US. That is only one way to become a natural-born citizen.

Of course, there has never been a test case specifically regarding the Presidency, but I see no legal reason why McCain would be ineligible.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Our youngest son, born in Ireland, is a natural born citizen and is qualified to be president.

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

betterthan, you need to read the entire Constitution. Did you study at the George W. Bush school of readification and nook-you-lur weapons? You're just embarrasing yourself.

9. Magnetic Poles

So he is at least 35 years old?

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Okay - you got me :).

He will be qualified for the election of 2032. I think he will have to live in the States a few years (14?) before that election as well, but its too late to look at the Constitution at the moment.

11. Magnetic Poles

Just messin' with ya, Roger! :smilewinkgrin:

12. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I would say "with all due respect", but I can't because I don't respect the kind of politics you are playing. Those kind of dirty, gotcha politics are beneath Christians and Christians should avoid them at all costs. Sadly, however, many professing Christians have forgotten their main goal and have dived into the cest pool of dirty politics.

You don't have to support McCain, but please use real reasons for not supporting him.

I will not get into the legal reasons you are wrong, since others have that covered, but I will say that you need to step back and be a bit more careful with the truth.

#12 Martin, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2008
  13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A natural born citizen is anyone born on American soil or born to American citizens anywhere on the globe.

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    However wrong he may be is there any thing to subsatiate your accusation here other than this post.

15. youngmom4

youngmom4 New Member

I was born in Okinawa, Japan on the US Naval base to a father who was stationed there by the Army and an American mother who was recently discharged from the Army...and I qualify to be President! :laugh: :godisgood:

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I know, got a good chuckle :)

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Hey, I got it right on first guess :)

18. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

A citizen or not? Why??

Slightly off the topic (OK, way off the OP topic) but since citizenship was brought up, it is far, far beyond "high time" that "native born" American Samoans are given the same status of US citizenship, as those of the 50 US States, the District of Columbia, the Territories of Guam and the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealths of Puerto Rico and the Northern Mariana Islands, and those born abroad in other locales and other circumstances that have been mentioned in this thread including the former US Canal Zone, instead of being subject to the degrading, bastard classification as being "American Nationals", with no rights and benefits of citizenship!

Ed

19. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==What? That Christians should not play dirty, gotcha politics? I don't understand your comment.