1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Piper to Hold Conference at Rick Warren's Saddleback Church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by InTheLight, Mar 9, 2011.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was reading through some posts from last month and came across this (regarding Warren's "Daniel Plan" for healthy living):

John Piper is holding a regional "Desiring God" conference at Saddleback.

http://www.desiringgod.org/events/regional-conferences/2011-lake-forest/overview

2. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I keep hearing how Warren does all this worldly and "not of God" stuff. Yet to see it for real, however. I guess the fact that he has grown the largest congregation in the USA means that he is "cheating" somehow. I recall that it was Warren often the phrase "sermonettes are for Christianettes" that is now a big part of the vocabulary on preaching. His sermons are 50-55 minutes each. He has preached a 10-week series on the Doctrines of Grace. He builds disciples that go out and further the work of the kingdom.

Perfect? Shucks no... Just a man doing the best he can, but deserving of demonetization just because he's built the largest congregation in America and effected more of the way we see and do the work of ministry? Why ever for, except to make the pastor of the congregation of 20 feel better because he can say (wrongly) that HE (at least) is preaching the Word of God in a way that upsets people... Wonder what God would say about that? :tonofbricks:

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Should be a great conference. Two wonderful pastors coming together for the glory of God.

Thanks for the heads up! :)

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Straight from the horse's mouth:

Michael Horton on Rick Warren, Modern Reformation and Desiring God

5. jeffreym

jeffreym New Member

6. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Maybe the people there will finally hear the fullness of the gospel?

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I knew this thread would pull you out of the wood work. Must have been itching for a month to spew your hate against RW. Someone should start a weekly thread just so you can get your fix.

The irony is how fast you seem to disappear when your false notions are shot to pieces.

8. Alive in Christ

Webdog posted to me...

My brother webdog...

I have absolutly ZERO hate in my heart for my brother in Christ Rick Warren. You have just lied about me, and in doing it publically, you have slandered me. You also have claimed to be a discerner of my heart, which the scriptures inform us that only God can do.

But thats OK. I make no big deal out of it, and I will contact no moderator.

The only "fix" I have any interest in comes from heaven above.

I have no "notions". I have convictions, which come from my study of the scriptures.

God bless

AiC

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Pot or kettle considering you did the very same thing with RW? I can only go by what I see, and on the board it is quite evident the disdain you have for this man. You can package that in any way you so choose, but what comes out of the mouth is what flows from the heart.

10. Alive in Christ

I only recall posting substantially regarding Rick Warren on this website 2 times.

1) I remember some kind of special broadcast he had on national TV a year or so ago. I remember that some were upset about some things he said, or maybe didnt say, and if I recall correctly I posted in support of Rick Warren.

2) Just recently it was documented clearly on here that Warren was going to hook up with some guru and include some sort of pychobabblish, godless eastern meditation in some health related sevices at his church, or maybe at some auditorium somewhere.

I posted against that, and I stand beind that.

How in the world you can construe that as me have HATE in my heart for a brother in Christ, or that I have DISTAIN for him is completely beyond me.

Your so far out in left field its ridiculous

AiC

#10 Alive in Christ, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011