1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John's Gospel Written for Our Encouragement

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by KenH, Jun 21, 2003.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    BY LES GOSLING

The purpose of the Gospel of John is made plain in Jn 20:30,31. Many Christians read these statements of John and fail to appreciate the eternal security which accompanies eternal life. "And many other signs truly did Yeshua in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book, but these are written that you might believe that Yeshua is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that believing you might have life through his name." Bearing in mind that John essentially wrote to encourage the brethren, consider the following statements of Our Lord which he recorded for our benefit. You will notice, however, that the plain unqualified statements of Yeshua have been altered by us (by adding italics to the text in question) in order to illustrate how we tend to impose our theological views on Messiah's own thoughtform.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his uniquely begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the church but that the church through him should be saved" (Jn 3:16,17).

"All that the Father gives me shall come to me if they exercise their freedom of choice positively, and him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out unless he has committed the unpardonable sin" (Jn 6:37).

"And this is the Father's will who has sent me, that of all he has given me I should not lose many but should raise some of them up again at the last day. And this is the wishful thinking of the Father that every one that sees the Son, and believes on him will probably have everlasting life, and I will raise him up at the last day if he measures up" (Jn 6:39,40).

"The sheep, those that are mine, hear my voice and I know them and they follow me, and I give unto them eternal life, not now but later, and they shall never perish except it be in the lake of fire from sinful behaviour, neither shall any snatch them out of my hand except by their own choice. My Father who has given them to me is greater than all apart from the devil, and no man is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand, unless the person who does so is demonically inspired" (Jn 10:27-29).

"Yeshua said unto her, I am the resurrection and the life. He that believes in me though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whoever lives and believes in me shall never die unless he disqualifies himself from eternal life and dies eternally in hell fire which is the second death. Believe you this?" (Jn 11:25,26).

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all unto me in the church as long as this does not include the rebellious" (Jn 12:32).

"And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not. For I came not to condemn the church but to save the church" (Jn 12:47).

As we have already stated a simple perusal of the above Scriptures in any version or translation will show immediately that the words in bold italics do not appear in the original. They have been added to reflect the ordinary Christian mindset with Catholic or Protestant grooming. Coming from Judaism, one is not confused by the direct, simple assertions of Yeshua in his recorded words in the holy Bible. Those converted to Christianity from a churchianity background very often have immense difficulty erasing false ideas as the Spirit re-educates the mind. (Read again what the prophet Jeremiah said in the quote on page 1 of this Exposition. "The Gentiles...shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies" from the teachings of priest, minister and missionary alike (Jer 16:19-21).

It is time to learn to thoroughly appreciate the eternal life we now (at this Moment) possess, through the personal guarantee of none other than the Archetypal Man -- the Creator and Redeemer, Yeshua the Messiah.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "And this is the Father's will who has sent me, that of all he has given me I should not lose many but should raise some of them up again at the last day. And this is the wishful thinking of the Father that every one that sees the Son, and believes on him will probably have everlasting life, and I will raise him up at the last day if he measures up" (Jn 6:39,40).
    ---

Like 2Peter 3 "God is sorta-not-willing that ANY of the FEW in Matt 7 should perish but that ALL that He arbitrarily selects out to be the FEW of Matt 7 - should come to repentance".

Again - the bold just not found in the text.

Though most 4 and 5 pt Calvinists would need it.

In Christ,

Bob

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have found that when anyone asks you where to start reading the Bible, that the book of John is an excellent start.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The article is not exactly written by a traditional Calvinist, so I don't think your point is quite apropos. And you can pretty much quit debating toward me being a traditional Calvinist as well. In fact, in a few months I will probably be leveling more DEVASTATING charges toward traditional Calvinism, maybe even Calvinism period, they you ever dreamed of, my friend. Stay tuned. But Arminianism isn't going to be off the hook, either. :cool:

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hey Guys, This needs to be moved to the C/ A debate thread so those of us who felt safe discussing doctrines won't get caught up in that debate!

I FEAR those of you on the C/A debate threads. LOL.... :eek:

However, Ben W. makes an excellent point. I always point a new Christian or those new to the Bible to John and then Romans. John is filled with such LOVE.

Diane [​IMG]

6. GH

GH New Member

Thanks Ken. I've been thoroughly encouraged.

All glory, honor and praise to YOU, ALMIGHTY FATHER \O/

BTW, have you read Les's article on how Messiah died? It broke my heart with love for such a God. He is so good.

Love in Him, Diane (GH)

God is Love and Love (God) never fails

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, Diane. Glad to see you on the board again. [​IMG]

I scanned Les' article on Jesus' death to the gist of it but I have not read it in total.

Praise be unto God for salvation through the finished work of Christ Jesus. \o/

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

This Diane would love to have the link Diane (GH) and KenH referred to about the Messiah's death. I have several but have not seen that one.

Purty Please?

Diane Tavegia

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dianes! They're taking over! They're everywhere! They're everywhere! [​IMG]

Well, since you said purty please - web page

Please bear in mind that, as I understand him, Les Gosling teaches from a Jewish perspective and not a Gentile one. So some of his terminology is different than what we Gentiles are used to.

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :eek: :eek: :eek: