1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jon Voigt gives stunning reading of the Gospel of Luke

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Johnv, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I was fortunate and privileged this weekend to be in the audience at Disneyland in Anaheim for their annual Christmas Candlelight Procession.

Actor Jon Voight did an incredible job narrating Christ's birth from the Gospel of Luke. It was quite stirring. Here are some photos, taken from a fan site:

Jon Voigt narrating Jesus' Birth:
    http://sites.google.com/site/2009disneylandcandlelight/_/rsrc/1260131109914/home/Candlelight-17.jpg

Hundreds of singers from local churches and the Disneyland Cast Choir fill the Candlelight stage:
    http://sites.google.com/site/2009disneylandcandlelight/_/rsrc/1260131093111/home/Candlelight-20.jpg

#1 Johnv, Dec 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2009
  2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't his son a youth minister at Saddleback Church (SBC)?

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I believe he was on the youth ministry staff years ago, but AFIK, I don't think he's actively involved at Saddleback. I recall seeing his name associated with the Youth AIDS Summit outreach of Saddleback, but that was quite some time ago. If anyone here attends or is affiliated with Saddleback, perhaps they can answer that. BTW, it's not well known that Jon Voight is a Christian.

#3 Johnv, Dec 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2009