1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Josh is now in rehab .....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Aug 26, 2015.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt it.

I don't dispute any of this.

There's such a thing as hypercriticism. And there are some things, even if we're allowed to see them, that are our not our place to judge.

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? Take a look around this board. Why are the Duggars off limits? Why are they special? People have no problem slinging mud at politicians or people involved in some news story that they don't like but the kid gloves come on when it's time to handle the Duggars for some reason. Hilarious.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't say they were off limits. Some of the criticism isn't called for, and a lot of it is just self-righteous bigotry.

Simple as that.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

My nominee for post of the year.:thumbs:

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm beginning to sense a pattern here--any Christians that achieve celebrity status are to be lauded and defended against any sort of scrutiny. Thus, when Sarah Palin resigns the governorship of Alaska and gets wealthy giving speeches and having a reality show she is defended. The star of Duck Dynasty can equate h@m@sexuality with bestiality and he is defended. Now we have this Duggan case where their unorthodox child rearing techniques are defended. What is it with celebrity fascination among some Christians? Donald Trump's presidential campaign is attracting Christians.

Oh, and Tim Tebow should be a starting quarterback in the NFL.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo with Tapatalk Pro.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? Any sort? I don't see that pattern anywhere.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    WARNING TO ALL - be very careful with references to "sexual sins". We do NOT need details or crude words. They will be snipped. And no, the Duggars are a "famous" Christian family and there are lessons to be learned. Some will treat them kindly, others judge severely.

But the subject of "rehab" is the real question. And need for our prayers whether we think them good, bad or ugly

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, the program Josh is in is NOT real "rehab". It is a sad sham program run by the shadiest of Baptist groups. I would not advocate it or commend it to anyone.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejo...olved-in-sex-abuse-coverup.html#disqus_thread

This is a link by a former IFB gal (now a feminist atheist, turned away from all things spiritual). Important part is what she points out about the whole sham program of RU is 100% accurate.

It is too bad this important information comes from such a vile source as Libby and I pray for God's grace to reach her heart as it did mine. And pray that Josh does find help through God, perhaps in spite of the system in which he is entrenched.

9. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A big time miracle.

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
    O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Now that is a miracle. The question is context. Is the context, proper?

Would that help poor old Josh?

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ?? The most unruly members aren't ones glands. The most devilish and unruly member is one's tongue. It will take a supernatural touch from Christ to be set free from his sexual lust, but no more than anyone needs to be set free from his love of money.

And no hard labor nor Scripture memorization will do it. I'm all for hard labor and Scripture memorization. They're good teachers. But the letter killeth. It's the Spirit that gives life.

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, and don't think for one moment that if Josh turned his eyes to Jesus, he isn't blessed and forgiven. Still some music to face on earth, no doubt, but loved of God.

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.

For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer.

I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin.

For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.

Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance.

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.

Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.

Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart. - Psalm 32:1-11 KJV

12. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen.....Amen